Donald Nielson dead

Appologies allround for the miss leading info I have dealt out !!

no2 no2

You can only go on what you've heard and taken in good faith.

So maybe Elvis isn't dead; he's living in Mansfield Woodhouse (or Rainworth) with Shergar in his back garden. The press got it wrong.

We know now that Elvis choked in Rainworth after eating Shergar on a bun at one sitting.

And that North Korean leader, but to be replaced by another little prat.

You gotta feel sorry for him...he died of Roneryness.All his people crying hysterically...not 'cos the little pillock is dead....but they have seen what's taking his place...We could send 'em Camilla and Big Ears....they'd bloody cry then.

• Upvote 1

Chip shops!! There's a guy who works down our chip shop, swears he's elvis............................could be a song there somewhere, or at least a good lyric???????????????

For the record:

Ref' the 2 men who assisted the police, Keith Wood (now deceased) wasn't a miner, but an insulation contracts Supervisor for Kitsons Insulations, I worked for him in the 60's.

Keith was a black belt Karate expert, & never boasted about his part in the capture of Nielsen.

Those two guys did indeed subdue Neilsen after the police crashed the car - and they were heroes for doing it.

I was referring to the people who 'had a go' at Neilsen when he was handcuffed to the metal railings. That's how he ended up looking like he did in that picture. The police had to step in and protect him.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Im doing some research on the Black Panther Donald Neilson. He will mostly be remembered for the kidnap and murder of Lesley whittle, this was a nasty crime. Also the robbery of sub post offices during the early hours where if confronted would kill in a blink. Neilson also burgled houses and other propertys. He used a method to drill holes in the old casement windows to release the catches. He was active in the Notts area, in fact he commited many crimes here. Was you one of his victims or know anyone who was? This was probably between 1970-75 but possibly even before. Thanks for any info however how small.

Good riddance to Donald Neilsen, that's one less bad bastard in the world.

Don't Worry another equally strange nutcase will fill the gap he leaves.

There's nowt as strange as folk!

HI Bellman

There was a former thread on this site regarding the subject that might interest you:

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8911

Thank you for that link which i have read. Im not sure if people from Mansfield are aware but Neilson actually broke in about 15 houses a couple of weeks before getting caught there. This would have been Nov/Dec 1975. Its unthinkable that during these burglarys he would have been armed.

I worked at Nottingham Police HQ 1984-1995.

During that time my desk faced a glass case with a dummy wearing the actual Black Panther camouflage gear & woolen mask.

Together with Shotgun and other weapons. Spooky.

I worked at Nottingham Police HQ 1984-1995.

During that time my desk faced a glass case with a dummy wearing the actual Black Panther camouflage gear & woolen mask.

Together with Shotgun and other weapons. Spooky.

The Notts police did very well to catch this complete nutter on the way to commit another crime. My understanding this was probably a public house.

I'm not sure what this says about me but an acquaintance of mine's lifestyle was sufficiently suspicious for him to be questioned at length by the police as a Black Panther suspect. He was living in the Rainworth area at the time - and yes he was very dodgy!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I noticed on this thread that beside local knowledge a lot of information relies on Wikipedia. I have studied Neilson's case over the years and have contributed to Wikipedia, in part this is to paint a true picture of this evil man. Neilson in my view was a complete liar in court, he really thought he could pull the wool and most police officers who were involved agreed. One thing that always bothered me is I think his wife Irene was more involved over the years than was let on and he covered for her. Perhaps Irene was not involved in the direct action of her husbands major crimes, however she was convicted of cashing over 80 postal orders from a post office burglary and jailed. In 1960 the Neilson's daughter was born, while she was still young a lodger of the Neilson's would at times babysit her when the Neilson's would go out around 10.30pm. This lodger said she did not know where they went or what time they came back. I doubt they were going clubbing in the early 1960's and the lodger does not make any reference to the pair being dressed up for a legitimate night out. During the time Donald was trying to gain a ransom for the kidnapped girl Leslie Whittle a witness claimed to have seen him get out of the kidnap car in Dudley with a woman, they were said to have appeared to be arguing, who was she?

A fact is Irene was burning stolen postal orders in a fire place when her husband was arrested and in custody in Mansfield, this was noticed by police who searched the Neilson's house. Its obvious she knew he was out doing his deeds, when he failed to return home she knew what action to take.

Donald Neilson visited Mansfield on various occasions, this included an early morning post office robbery at Berry Hill where he broke in and tied up the elderly couple there. He is also known to have broken in many houses in Mansfield prior to being caught so if anyone remembers their windows being drilled in the night chances are it was the Black Panther and he would have been armed and dangerous.

• Upvote 1