I thought it was you mick because katyjay emailed me the photographs of your get - together at Christmas (which I missed through illness) and I thought the young boy resembled you - obviously you haven't aged much! Anyway who is the little fellow?

Come to think of it, it could have been me at that kind of age.

But I would either have had a squint or a big plaster stuck over one lens of my glasses.

They did fix the 'lazy eye' but some would say the rest of me has taken over recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson:

Fry's five centres. orange, raspberry, lime, strawberry, and pineapple. Ceased production in 1992.

I can taste it now Compo as I read your colours; it cost sixpence and I used to savour each piece. It must have been well liked to have been in production 'til that time.

It was a real hard choice, deciding on whether to buy - with my spending money - five centres or the chocolate cream.

I remember when the five centres came out, I couldn't believe that you could get chocolate with all these different colours in. Thanks for answering my question.

Really! My local sweetshop didn't stock them until the late fifties. Being mad on sweets as we all were back then - no such thing as being bad for your teeth - I would have noticed the colourful wrapper displayed at the front of the counter.

I was talking to SWMBO just the other night about the 5 fruits and we were trying to recall the flavours. Thanks for that Compo.

Pineapples: Only ever saw them in pictures (on tins of chunks), also those boring pineapple chunk sweets.........................