Route 39 Did indeed run from Wollaton & ran to Carlton Post Office Square via Derby Road, Parliament Street. Southwell Road & Carlton Road/Hill

And just in case anyone doesn't believe you, here's a photo to prove it at Carlton Square

trolley-1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this: http://www.nctx.co.u...city-transport/ 1912 Service numbers were introduced for the first time on to the tram services. These were: 1 Sherwood to Trent Bridge; 2 Mapperley to Trent Brid

Hi Compo and Hi Stu: I have taken a look at Stu's reference and am now adding a bit of a personal touch regarding the No 1 Bus route from Hanley Street Terminus: Up Derby Road to Canning Circus, dow

That would be a No 41 There is for those of you who dont know there is a very good book on NCT trolley buses by David R H Bowler it's a bit pricey at £30 Can still be bought at Book Law publication

Bubblewrap, how lucky you were; all those journeys on that lovely, SOLID, green trolley bus that Cliff Ton has posted a photograph of . . .

You could always tell when one was coming by putting your ear on the overhead wiring pole!

when trolly buses stoped running as well as the 39 from carlton to woolaton they also started 72 route that ran further up cavendish rd first to the juncktion of coningworth rd and then when the opened carlton fourum it went up elmerst ave i belive this is still the terminusbut think its now no 28 bus and just runs from city centre and the 29 runs from city centre to woolaton.i think 72 started about 1967 as my b=mum used to have a photo of my nephew stephen in our garden just as the first 72 past our house. think one of my sisteres has got the photo know.

Thought that was 'Tonto's job. thumbsup

Lone Ranger: Looks like were surrounded by Indians Tonto - this is a tight spot and no mistake.

Tonto: You're on your own white man!

Warning do not put your ear to Tram or Train lines. !laughing! (not working)

I agree; it's not worth it - it doesn't work. I nearly lost my head listening for a train ...DOH!

When I was lad, I caught the 1 or 7 bus on Maid Marion way, top of St James Street (wimpy bar?) anyways what was the number of the other bus you could catch from there, it went up Broxtowe Lane and along Dulverton Vale and round Aimsbury circus to it's terminus? I think it became the 22 was it the 2?

Curly

Just looked at my model Corgi 43 Nottingham trolley bus.

Its only got one pair of wheels on the rear?

There was more that one kind of trolley bus running in the late 50s & earlly 60s

I wont go into all the details ...But Fleet numbers 500 - 601 (KTV 501 - 601) had 3 axles

Great shot Cliff Ton! What I like about it is that you can see the internal lights. I have always been fascinated by bus lighting (weirdo!) and remember the fancy glass covers from pre-60s buses. Problem is that one never sees photos of them.

Great shot Cliff Ton! What I like about it is that you can see the internal lights. I have always been fascinated by bus lighting (weirdo!) and remember the fancy glass covers from pre-60s buses. Problem is that one never sees photos of them.

The book I mentioned earlier has internal photos including pics of lights, seating & adverts

It really is a anoraks book.

Ayup! so am I! I see David Birch has the gen for Vol III ready for editing.

Ayup! so am I! I see David Birch has the gen for Vol III ready for editing.

Yes i am loking forward to volume 3

I am a railway enthuiast but my main interest is Nottingham

I currently have about 150 books & about 400 maps + other bits.

Check out some of the older threads in this forum; there's loads about the railways, especially in Nottingham Transport. Why not revive a few of them?