Got up early before the wind picked up to paint the repair i did on the motorhome

I had to do it outside as i dont have anywhere big enough to get it inside

So now i just have to buy my sons friend a pair of glasses so he dosnt run into it again.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the weather reports, you have been having a bit of rain in England, I'd just like to assure you all down south that here in the Northern Isles we have been having brilliant sunshine with a gentle(for us)breeze. Are you the same down in Caithness Compo?

Your weather sounds heavenly Old Ace. No more than you deserve being as you get your fair share of snow up there before we do. Let's hope the same follows through and it's not long before we get some of your sunshine. :)

According to the weather reports, you have been having a bit of rain in England, I'd just like to assure you all down south that here in the Northern Isles we have been having brilliant sunshine with a gentle(for us)breeze. Are you the same down in Caithness Compo?

Just a tad....

d200302d.jpg

So now i just have to buy my sons friend a pair of glasses so he dosnt run into it again.

I know from my visits to California that you like your jogging, but it can be dangerous!

My day started with the phone buzzing by the bed, not ringing but telling me the battery

had gone flat, all power in the house was off, Lighting but no power.

Stripped down the main consumer unit as the main RCD would not reset even with all

the power points switched off then all other power circuit trips switched off in the box.

bu99er a Faulty Main RCD! Means stripping all the Consumer unit out to remove it.

A drive to B&Q Clifton Bridge, if they have one, which I doubt.

Then I had an idea, disconect the main neutral out from the RCD.

Wallah! Resets OK. Reconnected Neutral, unplugged all plugs from power points.

Power no back on.

Neutral fault in an applience somewhere.

Sunday, 29th April, 2012: I spent this cold, wet/damp, miserable, rainy day listening to 'Wet Wet Wet's 'Wishing I was Lucky'; for some strange reason I couldn't get the song out of my head. I'd heard it on 'Smooth Radio' a few days ago and thought what a charismatic voice Marti Pello had.

So what a fitting day to play one of 'Wet Wet Wet's songs being as it's never stopped raining all day!

I don't see this day as wasted, I shall write the above out in my journal, adding that the continual playing of 'Wishing I Was Lucky' gave me much pleasure. :biggrin:

No he wasnt Jogging he was in his car lol, It was a 12inch hole & a big crack he hit it right where the hitch is behind that fiberglass i think his car came off worse but here they have what they call NOFAULT insurance so either way it was use the $500 deductable his & Mine or fix it for $80................ No brainer

No im not going to fix his

Mick It sounds like you know your lectric

I was good in Uk Red ,Black & Green

But here its Black, White .Bare copper wire & i always get it mixed up which is hot + i always put switches in upside down . Up is on here as you know

Out yesterday with Beefsteak on one of our aviation trips, what a great day we had, started off at RAF Waddington viewing area with a brew and a sandwich and a good old natter to John the owner, then off to RAF Coningsby for Ian's usual fix of fast jets (he loves em) plenty for him to see as well, a trip to the Blue Bell for lunch but the chef was ill so no food there, so back to Coningsby and to the Chipmunks chippy where we caused a bit of a stir, (they're not used to Notts humour) another look at the fast jets then back to Waddington to fid Ian had won the Helicopter photo competition but not only that but also the Best photo competion, nice one mate,

All in all a great day as usual, no doubt Ian will post some pics later

Rog

Always remember Black is live!! Think of it as white is like an empty glass and black is like a full glass!

Strange these yanks, all the light switches upside down, if you can find them.

Rog, Never mind the airplanes tell us about the ham :)

No ham I'm afraid Mick, chef was ill thats why we went to Chipmunks, no visit to the Petwood, not enough hours in the day, too many fast jets flying, every time you turned your back another one came in or took off, hope Ian posts some pics as the weather was kind to us and the light was near as damn it perfect. (he does love them fast jets)

Rog.

Our's are the right way up Mick, yours are upside down, after all the first electric lighting in the world was in the USA, so whatever they set as the standard is correct..... !jumping!

The smilies are screwed up...

I spend all my boring days (Monday to Friday) with an office full of 30 somethings, or in a company car on the M25, this place gives my spirit (Courvoisier mainly) chance to express itself...........& it's fiull of likeminded folk that get my humour, hopefully without taking offence at my sometimes lowbrow comments...................

Keep The Faith..............said the Bishop to the Actress............. Got to go now, soaps are finished, so telly's worth watchin' again

Got the rototiller up and running again and been tilling the veggie patch, once turned over I'll get me corn plants in, then widen the veggie patch to around 40 or 50 feet, need to get some of that heavy edging strip to keep the moles out. They make a mess of plants as they dig through them...

I'm aiming at a veggie garden of around 60 feet by 60 feet eventually, try and grow as much as I can for "bottling" and freezing and drying.

I'm also looking at growing some barley for malting, and a few varieties of hops and get back into home brewing once more, one of the by products from brewing is yeast for baking bread.

So the missus can't argue I drink too much if I use the home brewed yeast left overs for baking our bread from..... Method in my madness....

Missed this post but can now say that April was one of the most consistently cold and damp ones for many years. It has continued into May 8°C today ....

We 'ad a drop of rain yesterday, very welcome it was too, don't get enough of the wet stuff this time of year.... Humidity is a bummer though...