Bazooka bubble gum, with cartoon of G.I. Joe on the inside of the wrapper.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

...That caused a bit of a flurry....what about...Arrow bars, Lucky bags, fruit salad and black jacks...(not sure if thats pc now) ha'penny chews...Caramac....(recent comeback, but somehow not the same

Thank you ....lol

Remember the 'Smokers Set's Santa would leave us in our pillowcase? Ironic isn't it feeding ourselves all those chocolate cigarettes, cigars etc and years later the anti-smoking campaign was in full

The sherbet came in the yellow tube with the licorice in it. Kali you bought by the ounce, it was in those huge jars.

Help! Stop me someone!! I loved Crunchie bars but coould not afford them. Instead, my brother and I would go halves for one of those 'Puff Candy' bars that were similar to Crunchies but cheap chocolate and coarser honeycomb.

Which of those came in the cardboard and paper tube with the liquorice 'straw'? Yellow paper wrapping around tube.

Barrats sherbet fountains...still available but now in a plastic tube.

:biggrin: Oh the joy: was there no finer sight than being in a sweet shop with all the jars of kali lined up at the side of each other; every one a different bright colour. I didn't know which one to choose. After I'd made my decision and paid sixpence for a quarter of the sugary stuff; I'd dip a wet finger into half of it and save the other half for later to make a coloured drink. :biggrin:

piggy had 100g of kali and 100g of huneycomb chocolate on monday when we went to matlock bath theres a traditional sweetie stop, on the opposit side to fishpond car park, has lots and lots of the olld favorite sweeties 1.20 100g we often go in there . she also serves coffee and cake .. she sells a lot of the things mentioned above. a lot of these little shops are poping up all over the place i was told one in nottingham some were but not sure were it is.

i used to love coffee crisp can anyone remember that 2 wafers with coffee flavoured aero type chocolate in the middle, .. covered in chocolate

Some of the 'tuffees' that I can remember having as a kid were aniseed balls, Pontifract cakes, mushrooms, chewing wood (was that licorice root?) and barley sugar twist stick. I'm just starting to realise how good it was in those days....lol

I'm just starting to realise how good it was in those days....lol

....and there wasn't 20% flamin' VAT on the stuff either.

Apart from chocolate that they're always messing about with,at least the ingredients are the same as ever...basically glucose and sugar.

great pic kev only one i dont remember is swisskit anyone else know what it was.

There was one bar in the 60s who's name for the life of me I can't remember: It was chocolate, the size of a picnic or Nux bar. It had four or five blisters along its length, each containing a nut and loads of white mallow cream. Please tell me what it was called.

##47: this is a Lovey Compo; the Memories it evokes: :)

Cadbury's 'Flat Twenty' - you really thought you'd made it with a packet of these to dig into.

Boxes of 'Rowntrees Fruit Gums' with a boy on the front; these were expensive: 1/3d (8p these days).

Remember the 'Smokers Set's Santa would leave us in our pillowcase?

Ironic isn't it feeding ourselves all those chocolate cigarettes, cigars etc and years later the anti-smoking campaign was in full force!

Remember the sweet tobacco you could buy? - real sweet and nice it was and in packaging emulating the real stuff!

• Upvote 1