well tomorrow will be the 12.12.12. the last time for almost a hundred years triple number dates will appear and i am sure the last time in most of our lifetime makes you wonder what nottingham will be like if the world still exists what do you lot think.

So, this is the last day for a long time that Americans write the date the same as the rest of the world?

I never have figured out why they do month-day-year over here, it doesn't make sense!

I don't think I'll ever get used to it. When someone asked my birthdate, I have to go errrm, before I tell them. They must think I don't know when I was born! But really I'm mentally putting it in the right order before I say it.

True Stephen!

I guess it actually happens once/month!

Kath - I do exactly the same thing. It gets even worse when they ask me for Mary's birthday!

Wouldn't the next palindromic(?) one be 10/11/01?

• 9 months later...

Actually one of the most important days of any year is the 4th May. No it's not my birthday.

It's Star Wars day, as in "May the forth be with you" - when all us Jedi Knights get together and do unmentionable things to teddy bears, believing them to be mummified Ewoks. :)

• Upvote 3