bamber

Britain's most Fascist building

Which Nottingham landmark building, rumoured to be under threat of demolition, was once described as "Britain's most Fascist Building"?

Its architect was also responsible for:

Nottingham YMCA

Home Ales at Daybrook

The Vale Hotel

Raleigh Offices

;) I think that was T, Cecil Howitt 1889-1969, he also disigned the Home Brewery head Office.... :tease: regarding your question i like mick haven't at this time a clue.....but i'm working on it..........

Do we need some of those Newsgroup Bods in here to sort it?

I feel a posting coming on?

Alright, an even more ovious clue as to the identity of Britain's most Fascist building.

This building was the apple of T.Cecil Howett's eye. :yahoo:

Pity he's still not around. He'd make a far better job of designing new buildings than the present lot of rubbish they're throwing up around Nottingham :angry: .

The modern buildings take some beating for being eyesores. The Revenue building on Castle Meadow is a fine example of a building looking like a car park from the outside and a prison from the in. Have you seen the Amenity building, it looks like a giant alien from space buried up to his neck.

A ;)

The IR building is a classic example of penny pinching.

The original design specified the use of white concrete but to cut costs they went for the cheaper grey instead. The landscaping of the site also leaves a lot to be desired.

And as for the revolutionary ventilation system: it broke down soon after opening and hasn't worked since.

I'll put you out your misery. Britain's most Fascist building is Trent Uni's Newton Building. :Shock:

The heating system caused a lot of problems, the people that warked there were in danger of getting sick building syndrome. The system was designed to return the warm air to the base of the building and then filter it through and round again. Therefore, if anyone sneezed on the top floor then the rest of the building got a cold.

The turrets on the corners were designed to rise and fall as the temperature rose, the only problem was the Pigeons. They would get in when the cap was up and then when it went down they couldn't get out.

Having worked there for about 10 years there are some things that don't bare repeating.

A ;)

Britain's most Fascist building is Trent Uni's Newton Building. :Shock:

Why would this be?

Could it be that the nearest pub was the "Spread Eagle" near the old Playhouse, where the Moseley supporters were said to hold meetings on Goldsmith Street?

There is a building in town that has a frieze of swastikas, is that it? Can't post a pic for some weird reason.

Could be Frank..but don't forget Berlins.

I was a member of the anti nazi league

and went to Rock Against Rasicm gigs.

The Clash were mighty!

Bierkeller an'all.