What Have they done to our Junk Food

Check this bad boy out from a Notts chippy? Should be locked up.

The World Cup kebab burger? Consists of two 12in pizzas. four burgers, doner meat, chips, cheese, onion rings, chicken nuggets & mozzarella sticks .... twenty quid! I'd give twenty quid not to eat it.

I remember we only had a hand full of fat kids in our school, usually nicknamed Buster, Fatty & Fatso, and no good in goal!   

mega-beast-box.jpg

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/food-drink/notts-chip-shop-launches-calorie-1631306

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gym..... No way. I'm not in to self abuse. I do lots of walking, haven't smoked for over 30 years, and even then it was only to be sociable, don't drink much nowadays, maybe a pint bottle, but mostly

I could have posted a very similar comment as you Jill.  My Mum disliked cooking but we were always well fed.  However she made excellent pastry and the best Yorkshire Puddings this side of Doncaster.

I can guarantee 100% Chulla that I would not touch that burger in a million years. I would have to be grovelling with starvation to eat some thing that looks so unhealthy as that. All those fried onio

• 1 year later...

That's when I heard the enormously loud bang coming from Aunty Edna's caravan, not like someone dropping something, this was a large explosion, folk from other caravans came out to have a look, my Mam said Aunty Edna had put her Fray Bentos steak & kidney pie in the oven to cook, but she hadn't taken the lid off!

Only blew the oven door off! 

• Like 1

The last post reminded me of the time my friend and I had a first floor flat on Wiverton Road. We shared the kitchen with the guy in the bed sit on the second floor. He was a nitemare in the kitchen, the only person I have ever known who could peel potatoes and end up with grey coloured chips. He would also help himself to whatever we were cooking and then vehemently deny he had.

Anyway one day we heard an enormous bang from the kitchen. He had put a tin of sliced beef in gravy into the oven without piercing the tin. We never did find much of the beef but were finding bits of the tin for ages after. It was a good job no one was in the very small kitchen they would have been showered with shrapnel. Luckily the cooker escaped unscathed. It was quite a relief when he moved out and a new guy moved in who got his meals at work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1