Fictitious Places

Thanks Beefsteak for giving me this topic idea in,I Cant Believe I did This #13

I have visited Three places used in TV shows,one we came across accidentally while visiting Matlock,driving round a bend we found our selves on a scene,where fake snow was covering every where and filming in progress,being the village of

Cardale...........................Crich........ Peak Practice

The others are ...............Port Meirion Wales.............Where the Prisoner was filmed

St Just...............................Port Isaac Doc Martin

Anyone got anymore to add.

We were once in Scotland and visiting Pittenweem. This was September and lovely weather and everywhere was covered in snow. They were filming The Winter Guest. When it was released, watched it and it was bloody boring! Also been to the Bonanza film location at Lake Tahoe, which was turned into a tourist place in 1983 when we were there.

Once went to the place where 'Anne Of Greengables' was written, on Prince Edward Island. When the guide told us Japanese couples came over for a couple of days to be married there, we didn't believe him, but sure enough, we saw such a wedding going on, complete with 'Anne' being featured in the wedding photo's.

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE LAND GIRLS THIS WEEK AS SOON AS I SAW THE PUB IN THE VILAGE I REALIZED THE VILLAGE WAS IN FACT BLACK COUNTRY MUSEUM AND I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN THERE TOO CARNIIE

IF YOU GO TO M.F.N AT THE MOMENT YOU WILL FIND ITS GOT A NEW NAME WIRLING DERBISES FOR THE FILMING OF THE NEW SERIES OF TRUCKERS THEY ARE DOING A LOT OF THE SCENES DOWN THERE AT THE MOMENT.

Yup,bin in there miduck,many times,i haven't watched Land Girls so i hadn't noticed,so thats two fictitious places in one there,because even the pub and museum are rebuilt,Two points Babs,LOL

And I'd love to know how , in all the episodes I watched anyway, they managed to keep that ruddy gert aerial out of the shot !!

Go on Babs, giz a clue, what is M.F.N. ! (and I assume it's turned into Whirling Dervishes )

If anyone has seen the film "Once upon a time in the Midlands" with Robert Carlyle, Rhys Ifans and Ricky Tomlinson, you'll know that Alfreton Road is in part of Glasgow.

Most of it was filmed in and around Gedling, Carlton, and the Arboretum, and it's worth watching just to spot the locations.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301684/

And don't forget to watch the DVD of Saturday Night Sunday Morning where you can see loads of shots of a made-up place called Nottingham.

Is that where Market Square miraculously moved to the end of Farraday Road?

Beefsteaks post (#2) brought back some memories to me. I'd met a girl at the Elizabethan Ballroom, in the Co-operative House on Upper Parliament Street. We'd been together a couple of weeks when she told me that she was going away on holiday. She was going with her best friend and her friends parents. It had been arranged for a while and the place they went to was Goathland.

While she was away I received letters every day from her and it must have done the trick because we went on to get married and are still together today.

Apart from Beefsteaks post, I don't think I've ever seen Goathland mentioned anywhere since that time.

On one of our hols a few years back,we went to Whitby,and decided to look for the Heartbeat setting,We found Goathland, renamed Aidensfield for the show,and also The Goathland Hotel,alias The Aidensfield,across the road was Scripps Funeral Parlour/Garage,which was actually being used,When we walked over i was a bit worried about intruding,the person there must have realized my dilemma and came out to us and encouraged us to take photos,it was a lovely place with sheep just roaming on the grass verges,aaaah

On our first ever date , in the UK, I took SWMBO to Pickering, we had a trip up the steam railway to Goathland !

Close but no cigar. Miles From Nowhere.

Sorry but I agree with Babs on this one, her definition is what it is locally known as, used to live down the road from it. Used to be a big bikers meeting place.

I also went to Goathland years before it became famous. As well as its obvious reason for fame it also is home to The Malyon Spout, a waterfall worth seeing.

Also on my list of places is Plockton, in Scotland where Hamish Macbeth was filmed...another Robert Carlyle series. A lovely village just north of Lochalsh with palm trees growing along the road. Definitely worth a visit.

Sorry but I agree with Babs on this one, her definition is what it is locally known as, used to live down the road from it. Used to be a big bikers meeting place.

You mean it's known as MFN ?

Where is it (And if any wag puts Miles from nowhere I shall sit on them !)