Unwelcome Guests

Does anyone have any idea how to remove a mouse from a Cosworth?

My son has one that has taken up residence in his car behind the dashboard, if he could catch it he would evict it. He doesn't want to kill it if he can help it.

A :mouse:

NB I don't know if that is how you spell Cosworth but that is the best I can do. It is the Ford car with stainless bits on it.

!rulez! I think a point of order is called for here Tuts....I trust mick to do his best over the point you have raised..

Me like yourself have problems with the spelling of the odd word or too. Maybe like me you two have to have a spell checker, also a copy of the lattest dictionary or Thesaurus at hand. Mines the revised copy of the Cassell's New English Dictionary with an Appendix dated 1946...

Your spelling of Cosworth i think will stand the test of time and mick will no doubt work on the fact that over the last several months the spell check has been absent from this site. We all know at this moment he's up to his knees in work and i trust him to rectify certain glitches which keep popping there heads above the water line.

Regarding the problem of the mouse, i would recommend a nice peice of English Chedar about a couple of pounds would do, lay a trail of the said cheese out of the car into an open space, then lay in wait until the said mouse is just about to finish off the last morsel, as he is whiping his chops with his paws clobber him with the remainder. Make sure your aim is good ! because if it is, you should have enough to make Welsh Rabbit for tea......

!rulez! It's a miricle my Smilies have come back, well done mick, you see he's on the ball with some thing's..

Hi,

I store a few "Old" cars for the winter ...scatter a few Moth Balls inside ...keeps the little guy's out, But if "they" are in and "nesting" with young ones you may have a hard time evicting.

Good Luck .....and Happy Motoring.

.....r-s.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove a mouse from a Cosworth?

My son has one that has taken up residence in his car behind the dashboard, if he could catch it he would evict it. He doesn't want to kill it if he can help it.

A :mouse:

NB I don't know if that is how you spell Cosworth but that is the best I can do. It is the Ford car with stainless bits on it.

Mice are very Piccy.

Should av bought a Lada!

Not my car, he wanted a Cozzie ever since he could drive at 17. He now has one of each colour to play with.

As you say, Mick, mice are particular. They have taken up residence in the one that is currently on the road so they must enjoy the trips out.

Hopefully it is only one of the dear things and it won't be too hard to evict it.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

A ;)

We've gorrem in the loft.We've not seen them but they must go out in the day time to eat,then return at night to kip.Thats when we hear them.

I'll give the moth balls a try. :mouse:

Hi A,

Don't want to alarm you but are you sure "It" is a mouse ?? .....Bat ???

The moth ball trick works okay for me with the cars (small area) but in a loft/attic I don't think so, and of course the "stink". Untill a few years ago we lived in a rural area, and when we first moved there and had a chat with our farmer neighbour who suggested we get a couple of cats before winter and the cold weather ......when all kinds of little critters move indoors where it is warmer, If not a cat how about "Traps" ....???

Good Luck.

Hi Ron,how's things with you?

Just hope it's not rats.My bro had a family of them living in his loft and it took ages to get rid of. Have resorted to drastic measures by putting mouse bait down.Don't like to do it but it gives me the creeps listening to them gnawing and skittering about. A. !hand!

Hi Ron,how's things with you?

Just hope it's not rats.My bro had a family of them living in his loft and it took ages to get rid of. Have resorted to drastic measures by putting mouse bait down.Don't like to do it but it gives me the creeps listening to them gnawing and skittering about. A. !hand!

Hi Angi,

Yes, Rats are bad news, never had any inside ........but did have a Raccoon with youngsters in the attic, like I said we were living out in the "sticks" and all kinds of things wanted to come in out of the cold, .... had a heck of a time getting those guy's out ( alive).

We had a good dump of snow over the last couple of day's ...but I am leaving Sat or Sunday for warmer climes...back end of March... so don't think I have deserted the "Board"...I will be back.

Am keeping fine and feeing good ...got to do a quick check on the car for the long drive.

Cheers...Have a good day...r-s

!hand! Not so long ago we had what we thought was mice in our loft turned out to be Squirrels, chewing the electric cables and scurring about late at night, the noise was unbearable.

Called in the council, told they couldn't do much and basically left the problem to me. Didn't take me long to come to the conclusion what to do, stuck poison down, never heard another thing after that..Several weeks later noticed that we were getting alot of fly's in the house..................... :tease:

Hi Ron, Racoons? sounds like your somewhere in my neck of the woods! Racoons got into my chicken coop a few years back Ron, slaughtered all but two birds, what a mess, killing for killings sake, worse than foxes.

One thing I've found with mice, they and fibreglass insulation don't mix too well. The mice burrow into it and they die from the results of injesting the fibres.

I live way in the country, we have packrats and cotton rats as well as mice. Someone told us about the mothballs treatment, it does work to some extent, but the best way is poison the buggers.

They do so much damage, chew the insulation off of cables, chew anything, make holes all over the place, very destructive!!

When I lived in California, I had one make a nest in the heater fan of my truck! As I wasn't using it much, I never noticed the lack of heat output that winter. BUT when I needed the air conditioner, bloody thing wasn't working too well, had to strip the fan housing down, to find the squirell cage fan was filled with fibreglass insulation.

How about this for an unwelcome guest?? he is still sitting in the corner of the office & I don't like the way he is looking at me !tony!

post-25-1139563980_thumb.jpg

Hi Ayup'

Located just north of Toronto ....but don't hold that against me, a little on the cool side right now, but I am heading Corpus Christ way (Mustang Island) early Sun'...best part of a four day drive...2000 miles ??? I guess I will soon find out.

Last year I did a 8 week drive, about 8000 mile round trip...California/Nevada border...and then tracing the old "Route 66" on the return run.

Cheers, r

How about this for an unwelcome guest?? he is still sitting in the corner of the office & I don't like the way he is looking at me !tony!

Is that a Wolf spider Caz?? I can identify them in "the flesh" but hard from a piccie. If so beware, their bites cause massive tissue damage. They were thought to be harmless 20 odd years ago, then more recently, evidence has emerged just how dangerous they really are!

Hi Ayup'

Located just north of Toronto ....but don't hold that against me, a little on the cool side right now, but I am heading Corpus Christ way (Mustang Island) early Sun'...best part of a four day drive...2000 miles ??? I guess I will soon find out.

Last year I did a 8 week drive, about 8000 mile round trip...California/Nevada border...and then tracing the old "Route 66" on the return run.

Cheers, r

Hi Ron, up in the "sunny north". How do you stand the cold up there??

Used to live in California Ron, been to Nevada a few times including the long drive along interstate80!

I'm down here in south central Missouri, just a short distance from the Arkansas state line.

Bloody snowing here at the moment, but won't last long, be gone by tomorrow. Hate the stuff!

Amazing how we thought a 30 mile drive was a long way when we lived in Nottingham, wasn't it, now we don't think anything of driving 60 miles round trip to do shopping, let alone a couple of thousand miles vacationing!

I used to live down under and drove 100 mile round trip to work and back, nearly got nicked for speeding home one night, thats for Mick..LOL Saved by a semi trailer that the copper couldn't get around, was in my driveway when he shot past me. I was home and safe!!

Here's one for Mick, we had an ex sergeant working with us at Angus Place Colliery NSW, he used to tell us some of his police stories at snap time.

One night, he took his Highway Patrol car out to do a little cruising on the main Great Western Highway out of Wallerawang, where the cop shop was, he had the CB switched on and was listening to the truckies yacking to one another, when one said there was a smokie, forget the Oz term for cops now, anyway, he knew they were on about him. Next he heard one truckie say "where's that pig", that got him riled, he wasn't going to bother anyone, but now he was after blood! He caught up with the feller who called cops pigs and taunted him for a while. The guy said have you seen that pig mate, yeh, he said, I'm right behind you NOW, pull over mate!

He said he held him there for near an hour, found everything he could that was wrong with his truck and gave him several defect ticket's!! Plus booked him for speeding!

He said he didn't normally bother truckies when they were a few clicks over the speed limit, they had a job to do and drove sensibly, but the term pig offended him, especially as he would be the first to pull them out of their burning rigs in an accident.

Ayupmeducks Posted: Feb 10 2006, 04:59 PM 

Amazing how we thought a 30 mile drive was a long way when we lived in Nottingham, wasn't it, now we don't think anything of driving 60 miles round trip to do shopping, let alone a couple of thousand miles vacationing!

You would if you had to pay our petrol Prices [Gas] you wouldn't be keen then to go on journeys of thousands of miles. Or is it me being bitter.. englandflag

Just hope it's not rats.

Hope not.......once had a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do

There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna go

I'm gonna fix that rat that's what I'm gonna do

I'm gonna fix that rat.

After reading the heading i was thinking you was booting the young Radfordred gezza off the site ?

Nah not a wolf spider Ayup, a huntsman,& as far as I know harmless unless you know otherwise? unfortunately he met a sad end,the other half sprayed him & he fell to the ground like stone........sad but I couldn't sleep knowing he was on the prowl. He's been hiding behind a picture frame for ages now, but once he started to move around I had visions of waking up with him on my forehead.......... yikes !!!! !faint!

• 10 years later...

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought you were talking about snakes. Now there is an unwelcome guest I definitely do not want. I've seen them back near the woods once or twice, that's close enough.