An intriguing question

It was a fruit from the forbidden fruit tree, no mention of what fruit it is.

Well they were in the Garden of Eden and had been told by their creator that they could eat all the fruits on all the trees except one, and they were forbidden to eat the fruit of that tree.....

Did you know that if you cut an apple in half across the middle from side to side not end to end, that you get a pentangle shape in the middle, which is why it was a magical fruit to our forebears?

Two guys sneak into a farmer's fruit garden and start eating the fruit. The farmer sees them and comes out with a shotgun.

"Since you guys like fruit so much go pick 100 of which ever fruit you want," said the farmer.

The first guy decides to pick grapes. When he gets 100 he goes back to the farmer.

The farmer says "Now shove em' all up your ass."

The guy gets all 100 up his ass. He feels really bad, but then he starts to laugh.

"Why you laughing?" asked the farmer.

To which the man replied, "My mate's out picking watermelons!"

Nahhh, you got that wrong MS, it was the garden of Eden, all the fruits and veggies nuts etc were the best.

Big Daddy evicted them because they disobeyed a direct order, after that the garden of Eden was never heard of again.

A&E had to fend for themselves and work after that little episode.

Well by elimination there can't be many fruits that the bible refers to. Eve takes a bite and her eyes are opened, she offers the fruit to Adam, who takes a bite and lo, his eyes are also opened and they are ashamed of their nakedness! How many fruits on trees are there where you can take a bite before peeling it? Ergo Must be an apple, pear or plum! And I do believe most paintings show Eve offering Adam an apple.

Or one "Big Daddy" took off the menu for ever.... Who knows how many fruits have died out over the millenia?? You're assuming the forbidden fruit is one we have today, I'd say it was a special one that no longer exists.

A little research and we find that the forbidden fruit could have been one of several the favourites being apple, grape, pomegranate or fig. It is said in the bible that Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves in their shame, quite possibly from the tree from where they took the fruit? But then again the bible stories are literally that, stories that have been told around camp fires long before man had learned how to write, and like Chinese whispers have grown and changed over the millennia, so who really knows what is true and what is a myth? Curiously despite their scorn for the infidels, the q'ran also tells the tale of Adam and Eve, and of Jesus the prophet.

Yeah looked it up myself about an hour ago, just plain conjecture though, it did say it was doubtful it was an apple as apples don't grow to well in the Middle East. BUT, we are not talking Middle East as we know it, as they were supposed to be in the Garden of Eden, where everything grew perfectly.

It wasn't technically a fruit tree either, it was the tree of knowledge and evil...So who knows what they actually ate???

But we do know it was from the forbidden tree, and got them banished forever from the Garden of Eden and the easy life.

Trust a bloody woman to tempt us men....LOL

It is interesting to note that when woman first appeared, there were all sorts of problems. Adam didn't know what to do with it so asked god and was told to cuddle the thing. This was new and had to be explained. Then he was told to fondle it, which also had to be explained. When god told him to have intercourse with the thing, Adam got excited and rushed off only to find another problem to discuss with god. " God", he said, " What's a headache"?

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOLD THAT WHILE I WAS TYPING!

"Adam!"

"Yes Lord"

"I have today created a woman for you to mate with!"

"What's a woman Lord?"

"You'll find out...she's in a cave half way up that mountain!"

"What's a cave Lord?"

"(sigh!)....It's a hole in the side of the mountain"

"Mountain Lord??"

"That flippin' great hill behind you!!"

"What's 'Mate' Lord?"

(The Lord explains in great detail)...."Now off you go,the lady is waiting"

Adam trots off and climbs the mountain....

Ten minutes later he's back...."Lord??"

"WHAT!!!...I've told you exactly what to do and where to do it...what the hell do you

want to know now?"

"What's a headache??"