S.A.D.

I think I am getting a touch of it!

After a bad start to Spring/Summer, we have been treated to a really nice summer.

It was nice to be opening the curtains in the morning to have sunshine streaming through the windows.

We were also treated to an Indian Summer until recently.

One day me walking about with short sleeved T shirt... The next everyone in overcoats.

Yesterday and today, torrential rain, opened the curtains this morning to flooded streets!

That looks like it then !

According to one of yesterdays papers we are in for the worst winter on record including loadsa snow starting next month. I'll bet all them greedy buglers that own and have shares in the utilities companies are jumping up and down with glee. They'll be booking their long winter holidays in Tropicana somewhere.

That's Global warming for yer!!

• Upvote 1

The Daily Express is hardly any better than the Mail, and I wouldn't give much credence to any of their doom-and-gloom forecasts. It's interesting to see what the Met Office say about it; they have a bit more knowledge on the subject than a few headline-grabbing journalists, and they take a nice swipe at the Express. http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2013/10/12/winter-forecasting-responding-to-the-headlines/

That's got to be the Express...loada cobblers.Last winter we were gonna die in a Siberian winter,and around May they told us thousands would die of heatstroke.

Still...at least it saves 'em diggin' Diana back up again.

Had a heavy frost here on Friday but otherwise it's been a decent Autumn by our standards. I extect winter will be cold but then it *IS* winter so it would be odd if it wasn't cold.

At the moment sat in our 'van on the Sandringham Estate (in our rivals campsite) Weather was dreadful for Thursday night, slight improvement Friday, and yesterday was lovely. Today started very wet but lovely blue skies now. Looking very autumnal, but definitely not feeling S.A.D. yet. Though when we get home tonight will be a different story as the daughter tx 4.00am Friday morning to let us know water was pouring into the dining room, due to storm damage that night!! welcomehome

Never read the papers much, but the BBC & ITV rarely get it right. Last night, Beeb reckoned it would pee down all day, but after a wet mornings shopping , I've been leaf clearing this afternoon. I think the TV companies have pretty presenters so we gaup at them and ignore the weather.

I reckon we are in for a cold one. In 1962 we had the coldest spring on record. We've just had the coldest spring ever since 1962.

Summer of 62 was nice. We've just had a nice summer.

We all know what the winter of 62/63 was like.

Not only that, there is 60% more ice in the arctic this year than last year. When the winds blow over that lot they'll be pretty cold when they head our way. They only have to meet mild air from the med and it'll bring blizzards.

The Met Office are hopeless. They provide the info that the BBC gives out.

I have a long held belief that before they broadcast the weathermen at the BBC & ITV collude with each other.

"Now then Fred what are you forecasting tonight?" "Well Roger I thought I give heavy rain for tomorrow, and you what are you going to forecast?"

"Right Fred I will forecast light showers with maybe some sunny spells"

One of em is going to be nearly right, so they can then claim they have a 50% success rate.

T shirts & air con here, I'm outside getting the ground ready to for a new shed 9000 lb of rock last week .

Sorry to rub it in .

Re #10. Global Warming............My Ar*e

The met office are bound to be right - after all, they have all the latest technology - a smoking chimney on the roof (remember? weather on the met office roof) so that they can see whether the smoke goes straight up or blows about, and a bit of seaweed (I can't quite remember what that is supposed to prove), and a patch of grass with a cow grazing on it, so that they can see whether it's standing up or lying down. And if all else fails, they can always listen to the shipping forecast and extrapolate (whatever that means) for inland areas.

I think the seaweed idea comes from the fact that some seaweed is very absorbent. Thus if we hang it up and it gets very dry there is little moisture in the air and a low chance of rain. If the seaweed feels damp humidity is high and rain more likely. At least, that's what me mam said. ;-)