Page Errors (was Zyma)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prioritise Mick balls to this go and sort your father in law mate nowt spoiling here that cant be sorted later if they dont like it tough hope they sort him mate

Maybe it's God's judgement on all the bickering and politics that has taken over the site.

Have been back on now for the past 30 minutes or so and it would appear to be working normally. Many thanks to mick2me and his loyal assistants for fixing (?) the problem.

Posted Images

The new hosting is not coping with the number of visitors. One heavy user is Google. On receiving error code you should refresh your page.

There are some methods of reducing site load, which will take time, but I have other issues I am currently dealing with that take precedence.

I am recording these links for my own information for later...

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/394474-error-500-internal-server-error/

https://www.invisionpower.com/support/kb/_/reducing-site-resources-hosted-clients-r24

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/284602-killing-server/?hl=+virtual%20+memory%20+usage

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone was thinking the problem had gone away..........it's happened more times this morning than all the previous week added together.

And very often when I hit the 'Refresh' button, I end up with the non-formatted version of the page. Which isn't much use.

zuma.jpg

I am having the same problems when i click the refresh button,i get the non formatted version, the only way i can get back on properly is going back to my Desktop and starting again. It happens again more often than not this morning. :huh: :unsure: :)

I have been disabling the Hooks (apps) that have been added over the years.

I still have to edit files to limit bot access to a minimum to cut down on server cpu/memory use .

I still have the same problems as well, plus I can no longer paste words or pictures in a reply.

Furthermore, I can no longer paste a web link in a reply without going into 'More Reply Option', enabling HTML, pasting reply and then editing that reply and disabling HTML in order for the web link to correctly display.

In addition, I click on 'Quote' and get transferred immediately to the reply box....but with no quote!

It is becoming a RPITA.

There is a possibility that the loading is caused by mass spambot registrations.

These are dealt with by checking their details an origins from a database, then

diverting them to a trap site.

We never see them as they are blocked, however it does use resources.

I have temporarily disabled all new member registrations to see if this drops the server load and stops the error pages.

I can only post when I've refreshed the page, then get diverted to all sorts of 'errors' before I get to the page, can't copy/paste etc.......................................an' me emoticoms 'ave gone.............I think Mick's confiscated 'em cos I use too many................it's gerrin' woss..............

There is a possibility that the loading is caused by mass spambot registrations.

These are dealt with by checking their details an origins from a database, then

diverting them to a trap site.

Sorry dear, but it's not. Check the traffic stats on the CPanel and Awstats, there seems to be very little actual traffic. T'is my belief that the install is stuffed. Needs some serious work on the configuration parameters. On numerous occasions recently have just walked away from the site as becoming increasingly difficult to access.

Errr.....Home Forum page now displayed in white disjointed format with all info down left hand side and a mile long and that is before I have logged on.

Just taken four attempts to sign in.

And...........posting a reply is not accepted initially and just sits there.

I have to refresh and retype the reply as I can no longer cut or copy.

It is no longer a RPITA.....It is a RRPITA.

I put quite a bit of work into tuning the resource use last night.

Virtual memory and CPU use have dropped from permanently 100%

Past 24 hours

resourceuse24hours_zps3b2f4cbe.jpg

Past 30 Minutes

resourceuse30mins_zps1b207592.jpg

I've had 'Error Message' five times this morning up to now.

But refreshing page eventually got me back on track.

I'm so glad I don't have to try and sort it though.... totally lost me with the technical thingies.

Good luck mick3me. :(

Hi Mick2me,

Sorry your having so much trouble sorting the problem out, I am having so many problems, with getting the error message and then not being able to get back into site, without going back to DeskTop and then sometimes still the error message or the same as #70, wrong format. Wish i could help but it is all way above me, this technology thing. I'm sure everyone is with me to wish you well in your task and hope its not giving you to much stress. :Kiss:

• Upvote 1