Page Errors (was Zyma)

Just had this message, not seen it before anywhere:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 22020096) (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/nottstal/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_13/skin_topic.php on line 650

If it's of any help, this article suggests either getting the host to allocate more memory, and/or adding a PHP.ini file into folders - http://wordpress.org/support/topic/fatal-error-out-of-memory-allocated-30408704

Hope this helps in some small way!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prioritise Mick balls to this go and sort your father in law mate nowt spoiling here that cant be sorted later if they dont like it tough hope they sort him mate

Maybe it's God's judgement on all the bickering and politics that has taken over the site.

Have been back on now for the past 30 minutes or so and it would appear to be working normally. Many thanks to mick2me and his loyal assistants for fixing (?) the problem.

Posted Images

Looks like it's time to start shopping for a new host Mick..

• Upvote 1

A message has been sent to Server support to identify processes that are causing problems.

In order to run as normal during this time all board facilities have been turned back on.

This may lead to more 500 - 508 errors.

From support forums, Its a combination of problems, one of which I have been warning of for some years. Database size!

The server has to handle half a gigabyte of posts, in the database.

This is why I have continually asked members not to excessively quote previous posts

We may have to start deleting older posts from the database.

Meanwhile I await the reply from server support.

May I suggest that you delete Word Association and Song Association (Any Era) to date and then start them afresh?

They are ridiculous games anyway. slywink

Looking at the number of replies to each Topic, I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of your data base consists of individual posts for both Topics. I do not think anyone would go back more than half a dozen entries to check replies.

Then again, I am not a computer person.

As for 'quotes' - that facility has not worked for me for the past week or more....I am unable to delete/copy all or part of a reply without going outside to the 'Full Editor' as I described before. compusmash

• Upvote 1

Good point, Trevor.

There's nearly 23,000 posts in the Word thread alone. And from what little I know, while the content of each post is small, I assume each post would be indexed.

Would it be a big deal to delete it and maybe start again?

• Upvote 1

Rob L,

Shouldn't be a problem for Admin to delete these two Topics contents to date; especially having seen what they can delete in the past.

In addition, I see that we have our replies to those posts in our personal profile. Their removal would also remove a lot of dead wood.

The original Joke Topic site could be erased?? - not the ' all new jokes go here' though.

Come on, mick2me, get your razor out. compusmash

It's traffic that's causing the problems, not old threads.

• Upvote 1

Just ran a PHPMyAdmin SQL query on the database and it's only 511.57 MB, which isn't particular huge. Have a similar database on my home webserver that has successfully supported a database of 700MB.

Just had half a dozen crashes, yet these are the current numbers

usage.jpg

Hello Mick,

Thank you for contacting Namecheap Support Team!
As we can see at the moment your website runs properly and we cannot check for exact processes which cause high load. Could you please contact us via Live Chat when you get the error next time?
We also can enable Shell Access for your account so that you could check your processes via SSH console by yourself (with help of 'top' command). If you would like us to proceed with enabling SSH we would need to verify your ownership of the account, so please provide us with:
Namecheap account username:
Namecheap Support Pin. You can find it here:XXXX
Once you have confirmed the above details, we will process your request.
We would also like to recommend considering upgrade to our Business, VPS 2 or VPS 3 hosting packages. Business hosting is considered as the best solution if you wish to increase your account’s resource usage limits only. The VPS hosting allows you to not only increase allocated CPU time’s maximum by at least 50%, but also to have full control of your hosting account’s configuration. Please, note that handling a VPS requires basic server administration skills, at least.
Please let us know in which way would you like to proceed.

Just to let you know whats happening?

We have carefully investigated your account for you and we would like to provide you with the following suggestion:
1. Please try to optimize your website scripts by disabling some modules or unnecessary plugins or check for optimization suggestions depending on CMS you are using at the moment.
2. Please try to enable Railgun feature from CloudFlare service.
Railgun ensures that the connection between your origin server and the CloudFlare network is as fast as possible. It uses 99.6% compression ratio for your scripts in order to make them load fast.

DONE

Also Jailshell SSH access has been enabled for your account.

Keep at it Mick...you will get there.

The work that you put in to keep this site up and running is phenomenal and I for one am in awe of your patience and dedication; particularly as you see no monetary benefit from this site.

Thanks Mate. bowdown

By the way, nothing has changed down here - still a RRPITA.

• Upvote 1

Still page errors this morning.

CPU/Memory use rocketed.

Now seeking advice from Invision Forum support...

Recently moved hosting and we are now getting lots of '500' etc. error pages and site problems.

We were in semi dedicated but are now in shared hosting.

Seems our resources are causing problems with CPU and Virtual Memory on the new host.

I have disable hooks that are little used but still getting the problems.

Can anyone advise what is likely to cause such high usage on the server.

Is it Visitors, Bots etc or is there anything further I can change in ACP?

resources271113_zpsdadcc9c4.jpg