A massive Thank You

Just want to say thank you for this site and the great people that post on it people like mick to me mudgie49 denshaw cliff ton and loads more i ..am so impressed by the way these guys help you with information sometimes you dont even have to ask .THANKS Andy.Keep up the good work

It is only when you study the HUGE number of topics and the depth of knowledge contained therein that you realise what a brilliant site it is. If only some of the`lurkers' would pull their weight and contribute !

A mention should be made of the other staff, who have kept it on track for the past few years.

And as mentioned earlier the contributions of members since 2004.

This is a great site indeed. Packed full of interesting information and photographs. Although I don't post regularly, I do enjoy popping in to see what new posts have been written, aswell as the new topics. Long may this site continue.

mick2me, the trollfindergeneral and invision support have not been visitors for quite some time...are the Moderating Team life members regardless of input?

'Invision Support', is for the access by the Invisionpower forum customer support, to deal with help tickets.

Part of the yearly subscription including upgrades to latest software.

The latter... Don't mention the 'T' word!

Sorry....just arskin...

Without mentioning the T word, he has not been active for 2+ years and is a Moderator - just thought it was a tad odd. Then I saw his birthdate and presumed he was 6 foot under!

I also would like to take this opportunity to thank Mick2me : The Moderators and everyone else who are always so willing to help with any information they can find for you. I have learnt so much history about Nottingham since joining this site and had so much help with my family tree I get much enjoyment from just being on Nottstalga, even in the middle of a sleepless night, i can go back in the archives on any topic and it can be as interesting as reading a good book.

PS..Lots of humour to bring a smile as well. Brilliant.

thumbsup

• Upvote 2

Educational innit.

Over the years I'd accumulated a large number of books and pictures on the subject of Nottingham in the past. I looked at them and read them, but after that I was stumped with them sitting around doing nothing. There's a limit to how many times you can go back and look at the same things over and over again.

Discovering this site means I now have an audience upon whom I can offload tons of useless information which I thought was going to waste. And I can combine it with other people who have similar amounts of knowledge which was floating around waiting to be used.

I've learned a lot about things and places which I never knew existed. I look around the area seeing familiar sights in a different light. And I go out of my way to look for new things which I'd previously just bypassed.

With the combined brain power of various contributors here, I can now bore with authority on the subject of old Nottingham.

• Upvote 6

Yep - I add my congratulations and thanks to all of you who keep the site ship-shape and Bristol fashion. My regular routine on the computer is 1. Emails, 2. Facebook, 3. Old Bus pictures (sad eh?), 4. Nottstalgia. By then it's usually time for lunch !