Internet connection farce

Having one or two issues on NS just lately. Comes up with a 500 error and says "Mick is trying to fix it." Usually it will connect to the thread when you try again. Also wouldn't let me log on earlier today tried several times with the same error message each time.

Yes its a known issue. refresh your web page.

Overloaded Server CPU and Virtual Memory due to high number of site visitors and Search engine Bot hits.

I am trying to reduce the latter.

TGC what are you paying for that shtty BT (Name Names?) connection?

I'm about to give up for the night - the internet connection keeps fading on and off... again!

Wont say who the provider is but it's Bloomin' Terrible! Hehe, TTFN all, Tsk!

You might find that cycling your modem might improve things. Cycling - switch it off wait a minute or so and then switch it back on.

You might find that cycling your modem might improve things. Cycling - switch it off wait a minute or so and then switch it back on.

I've been having to do that last night (11 times) and tonight up to now (3 times).

Must be patient and sort things out for when (if?) I ever get into warden aided dwellings, then try to get it right once and for all.

Thanks. TTFN

It means you have a very slow download speed 0,37mbs..... I thought I was the slowest connect speed on here with 1.5Mbs download speed.

I'm in a rural community so 1.5Mbs is the fastest available other than expensive satellite internet. At the price you're paying, you should be on a faster service than that TGc.

You're on a slower service than my old direct dial up!!!!

Is your telephone wiring very old?

You should consider getting a BT engineer in to check all the connections, or better still moving over to another provider.

Comparison sites currently show TalkTalk as the best value provider @ £3.25 per month for TV and free evening/weekend Calls and Broadband @6mb.

38mb Fibre Optic broadband add £10 per month, or for a new user you can get it for £5 month.

Add £15.50 per month line rental or pay up front 12 months £126. (£10.50pm)

= 6mb BB + Phone + Free calls + Catch up TV - £13.75pm

= 38mb Fibre BB + Phone + Free calls + Catch up TV £18.75 pm

Thanks lads.

It's been so good last week as well?

I'm hoping to get into Epperstone Court in Brdgford - so I'll sort things out when I'm settled in.

http://www.geolocation.ws/v/W/File%3AEpperstone%20Court,%20West%20Bridgford%20-%20geograph.org.uk%20-%201279256.jpg/-/en

Not feeling up to much tonight - and England losing 1-0 to Germany ain't 'elpin'!

Hehe