The Top Table

Thank you Commo and MELTONSTILTON hellothere

All thanks to Word and Song Association though.

But it will only take a prolific poster who posts on anything and everything to pass me and others to challenge mick2me.

Congratulations Trevor, well done.

• Upvote 1

Thank you one and all.

Still feel a bit guilty however because Word and Song Association posts really do not add anything of value to Nottstalgia.

The people who contribute articles, photos and memories of Nottingham as we remembered it are the people who deserve every accolade - they have made and continue to make what Nottstalgia is today and their input will be invaluable for many years to come.

That is why I shall keep returning to these pages. thumbsup

• Upvote 6

TrevorS #8

My sentiments exactly, We are so fortunate to have Nottstalga, I have not seen anything to equal it on the Internet or anywhere else.There is so much enthusiasm from so many to help with any query we may have. I do know my input is only triviality, I don't have too much knowledge on Nottingham to pass on but I learn something on here every day. So joking apart #5 Trevor, Well Done.

• Upvote 3

Trevor, don't do yourself down concerning Word & Song Association . I for one get great pleasure from this. It displays peoples vast and diverse knowledge of popular music from the early days of the 20th century up to today's songs. I try and muster examples from memory, only once have I had to use Google. Every genre of music appears almost weekly, some repetitions obviously occur but some really obscure examples crop up.

Word Association shows what a flexible and interesting language English is with numerous words having up to three or four meanings, and the English derivations of many foreign words.

Keep up the good work Trevor.

• Upvote 4

I also really enjoy 'Word and Song Association' and because I love music and was brought up by a mother who had a wonderful voice my memories of Mam always include her singing, so as soon as I look at someones post a song instantly pops into my mind because of her (Thanks Mam). Songs from before my arrival in this world. Thus being I sometimes have to check the titles and singers are correct, the description of the games is Association and that is where I get my ideas from instantly. Hope that is OK.

Keep going Trevor and all of you others on these two games, they are great and sometimes i can be found giggling away at my Laptop. All Good Fun.

thumbsup

• Upvote 3

I do enjoy the Word and Song games and take a delight in finding some homonymic for the former when possible, and trying to "start a dialogue" with song titles, so it does help with the little grey cells and keeps my brain ticking over !

• Upvote 3

well done trevor every ones input on here counts np matter what the post on most if the sang and word association is what you . that is what keeps you interested and if your like me when you log in you look at the other most recent posts you join in that thread thats what keeps this site so interesting as every onehas theire own stories and interests

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I was a bit shy so I never said anything :blush: But I will say: its all thanks to you Nottstalgians for keeping me interested, with all your knowledge and enthusiasm and amusement. You all certainly cured my insomnia, trouble is, before, I couldn't sleep now I don't want to in case I miss Anything. I wish I could contribute more on the information about our favorite City, but I have to rely on you all to do that for me. Keep up the good work. :)

• Upvote 4
  • 10 months later...

Nice one 'connie',but theres no stopping 'basfordred' as he hurtles after 'Mick',..........i'd love to see Michael kick on again !

• Upvote 2