sweet dreams and strange names

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alpine was another pop firm that delivered, there was a Polish guy worked there Mr Dropusabottlapopov.

Compo's description of cigarette type packets reminded me of Cadbury Flat Twenties, individual pieces of choccy a la Neopolitans, in silver paper, inside a cardboard slide packet, both in Dairy Milk a

Ref #83 "NOTICE : Will customers please NOT sit by the bacon slicing machine, as we are getting behind with our orders"

That shop was bettys later to becme Roy and Arches they also had the shop on the corner of bathley st and arkwright st cafe and shop they formed SandA Removals when the meadows was demolished them chocolate logs were lovely i think you can still get them

Well I never knew that!

I'll keep me eyes out for any choccy logs next time I'm in town.

Ta.

When I was very young, I used to buy sweets from Haywoods Newsagent on Graylands Road. There were some like cough sweets called Horehound. I have never seen them anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember buyin' some liquorice root sticks, and a horse in 'Georges field' (Ironmongers pond) eating the lot of em from me fishing box when I went into the trees for a wee-wee.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Reading this topic brings to mind a pack of toffee, each piece indicidually wrapped in foil, packaged in a cigarette type cardboard pack. Available in a few different flavours. For example butterscotch - rats c*cks, I've forgotten the other flavours! Anyone know what they were called. Aha! wait a second..... Callard and Bowsers something or other.