sweet dreams and strange names

Can anyone remember the Aztec chocolate bar or Spannish wood that you chewed forever and odd brand names like akdo i think duraglit dont know if some of these are still around taylors pop sorry taylors just come to mind there used to be a pop that was delivered to your door that began with a c but not carona or carters think cresto or something simlar i think arond in the 70s.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alpine was another pop firm that delivered, there was a Polish guy worked there Mr Dropusabottlapopov.

Compo's description of cigarette type packets reminded me of Cadbury Flat Twenties, individual pieces of choccy a la Neopolitans, in silver paper, inside a cardboard slide packet, both in Dairy Milk a

Ref #83 "NOTICE : Will customers please NOT sit by the bacon slicing machine, as we are getting behind with our orders"

Just thought lung healers later changed to lun jeelers because misleading to customers i remember these were a orange cough drop and our neighbour on wilford grove sucked them all the time is nick name was howdy man because thats the way he addressed people he was a dark west indian guy we found it funny that he always had a bright orange mouth

Yes, liquorice wood, or Spanish root we called it. I tasted some a while back and it was rotten. Did anyone else eat pitch? I seem to remember eating the chips of it from large blocks used for road mending. I hope to be resurfaced soon.

• Upvote 1

Tomlinson #5

Yup i remember eating the Pitch, we used to get it from Parks Corner when the church was being built, There used to be big pieces on the pathway to the old building where The Brownies was held and we would pull a chunk of and chew it. Don't fancy it now though. Lol

Can anyone remember the Aztec chocolate bar or Spannish wood that you chewed forever and odd brand names like akdo i think duraglit dont know if some of these are still around taylors pop sorry taylors just come to mind there used to be a pop that was delivered to your door that began with a c but not carona or carters think cresto or something simlar i think arond in the 70s.

Could the soft drink to which you refer be called Cresta. The advert featured a polar bear drinking a bottle of pop and saying "Its frothy man"

Oxydol soap powder and Omo soap powder. Ola washing up liquid. Can you still get ezy squezy washing up liquid?

I know there used to be Gerrards soap. We all know why there isn't any more.

What about Zubes ? They were a type of cough sweet.

• Upvote 1