Didja gerrowt for Christmas?

I got my Mum and Grandchildren for Christmas. Lunch at my brother's and visitors everyday since. Lots of lovely gifts and happy smiley faces. A truly magical time, with a bit of grumpiness thrown in......a proper traditional Christmas!!! thumbsup

• Upvote 1

Bah - been using a Kindle Fire for a couple of years. Can't say that I "love" it, but it does the job and is a lot better for travel than a laptop, books, etc. Still prefer a real book and the Kindle is not much good in bright sunlight.

You do get used to it though! One tip - when travelling, turn off the wifi if you are not using it - battery lasts a LOT longer.

Sent from my Kindle.

Idea behind having the Kindle is to use it for reading those books that you may probably read just the once, such as crime paperbacks etc. Like Limey I prefer a real book, but with bookshelves and cupboards now at bursting point with hundreds of books, it seemed a good idea, and would also help when going on hols not to have to take a back pack just for the holiday reading !!

Also as a selfish indulgent pressie for myself, invested in a ukulele ! Having small hands, I have always struggled with my guitar on any long chords, and have to give anything with any "B" chords, other than B7, a miss ! Great to be able to reach all chords on the Uke !!

• Upvote 1

Gorra code war megul. It seems I qualified for a "Cold War" medal by serving in the RAF in the 60s and 70s. SWMBO got it for me for Xmas.

• Upvote 2

I got a new Nikon Digi camera from my son, but nothing beats what we had for christmas 1995. Our first grandchild came in the early hours of Boxing day that year and nothing will ever beat that for us.

• Upvote 1

With me being barmy about my roots and upbrigin in The Oueen of the midlands, my step daughter gave me two dvd,s about

Nottingham on film (1920-1980) wot a great pressy, and also a calendar from 2014-2015, an 18 month calendar called

Golden years of Nottingham from c late 1800 -1960, a great part of history.

Dennis.

• Upvote 4

Christmas cracker Aphorisms, ( and I can't pronounce it right every time)

APHORISM: (“A short, pointed sentence that expresses a wise or clever observation or a general truth”).

1. The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.

2. Money will buy a fine dog but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

3. If you don't have a sense of humour you probably don't have any sense at all.

4. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.

5. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.

6. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?

7. Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without.

8. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?

9. Stroke a cat and you will have a permanent job.

10. No one has more driving ambition than the teenage boy who wants to buy a car.

11. There are no new sins; the old ones just get more publicity.

12. There are worse things than getting a call for a wrong number at 4 a.m. - for example, it could be the right number.

13. No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning.

14. I've reached the age where 'happy hour' is a nap.

15. Be careful about reading the fine print there's no way you're going to like it.

16. The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.

17. Do you realise that, in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?

18. Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Cadillac than in a Ford.

19. After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you're probably dead.

20. Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind and the ones that mind don't matter.

21. Life isn't tied with a bow but it's still a gift.

• Upvote 3

My mate from Florida sent me a package loaded with lots of good prezzies

A Who dvd 1977 concert .......Never seen any of this footage before.

2 shirts Cowboy style,

Penguin bars 2 packets,

A Norton 1898 motorcycle metal sign.

Fanks................ MUDGIE.

• Upvote 1