Hucknall blood donor session.

Having given 55 pints, they stopped me going when I reached 60, and got me new ticker.

So I won't be joining you - but thanks for going mate.

How come in all those years I never got 'choccie' biscuit? Common blood I suppose... Tsk!

TTFN

• Upvote 1

Well done on doing 55 TGC, good for you, I'm only on my 29'th so I'm still a baby compared to you. I kept getting deferred for a time when I went to New York, then the Bahamas, then Russia, then a detached retina got me knocked back, but all's OK now. I was bit greedy & had 2 mint clubs & 2 teas,they was delish. :) :)

Well done on doing 55 TGC, good for you, I'm only on my 29'th so I'm still a baby compared to you. I kept getting deferred for a time when I went to New York, then the Bahamas, then Russia, then a detached retina got me knocked back, but all's OK now. I was bit greedy & had 2 mint clubs & 2 teas,they was delish. :) :)

Mint Club bars - and - two, I say TWO cuppa teas! By gum how times have changed. (Hehe)

They never not deferred me - when I'd been to, Basford, Beeston, Rempston and even West Bridgford.

They told me I could have gotten a gold badge - but had to apply for it - Nobody tells me anything until it's too late. It was same with sex, money and work yer know... Tsk!

Take care and keep it up - but remember to apply for yer badges.

Take care, TGC

I got a silver badge & certificate when I hit 25 donations in 2011. They got me to go every 3 months after they changed the rules, (boys can donate every 3 months & girls every 4) but that made me anemic, I now go every 4 months & I seem to be OK at that. They said every 3 months might have made me anemic because I'm only 5 feet 2 inches. When I first donated (1970's) I was only 2 pounds over the lower weight limit, so only just made it. :)

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Glad you enjoyed the fry-up !

I am only allowed cereal & toast for breakfast, also SHMBO is a veggie so bacon etc is out of the question ! She won't cook it.

Mind you my blood could be OK for someone with high blood pressure etc, it comes pre-loaded with medication !

• Upvote 1

I must be lucky as I only take the odd paracetamol or aspirin for aches & pains & anti histamines for hay fever, I always tell what I've had but they've never refused me for that. Been refused a couple of times for low hg though, still gave me tea & biccies..

Never mind denshaw you"ll get a nice place when the trams start running :biggrin:

Catfan, I too used to go to Castle Blvd, but before it moved there, it was in the General Hospital. I'm talking mid 60's now. I used to have to walk up Friar Lane to the top and turn right. By the time I got there I was huffing and puffing, my blood must have shot out!

Catfan, I too used to go to Castle Blvd, but before it moved there, it was in the General Hospital. I'm talking mid 60's now. I used to have to walk up Friar Lane to the top and turn right. By the time I got there I was huffing and puffing, my blood must have shot out!

I remember exactly where you mean.

I don't remember the general hospital one, must have been before my time. The first donation I did in UK was Caste Blvd. I did my first ever donation at Munster-Lager town hall, Lower Saxony, West Germany ( I was based there) you got a free meal over there. (sausage & chips + coffee) Today I was only on the bed for about 10 mins as I flowed really well, usually it just trickles out & takes ages. Had two mint clubs & she gave me two to take away with me, I was well chuffed. :)

It's the little things that please us, eh? I'd be chuffed too with some Club biscuits, there's nowt like them over here.

I have given blood 65 times, it used to be called pints but not now it's called units now, we had the tea/biscuits juice drinks ect. but not

posh chocolate biscuits. all drinks was in plastic cups even the hot drinks so don't squeeze the cup .

IT might be just a smear to you mate but its life and death to some poor soul"................Tony Hancock early 60s

Re # 19,

I love my club biccies, we've always got some in, mint & orange are my favs..

Re # 20,

Good for you giving 65 units, I'm about half that but I'll be adding another unit in September, unless I annoy SWMBO so much that she murders me..

I was going to be a blood donor many years ago but after seeing Tony Hancock in 'The Blood Donor', I was put right off. I hadn't realized that you gave nearly an armful and, as I was playing cricket the following day, I didn't want a floppy arm. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2