This was the first program on Notts TV. They say every one in Notts can remember when T & D won gold in 1984, I've got zero memory of it. Saw them do it a few weeks ago when I took SWMBO & Mother-in-law to dancing on ice..

I was on a corner in Basford with my two kids as they set off in an open- topped Landrover ((I think it was) on their journey into town for the big reception at the Council House after they thrashed all-comers in the Olympics. It was so exciting! I did get to shake their hands as they turned the corner, it was a great spot to be standing. Got photos somewhere but don't know how to post anyway.........

I love it and have sent it to my non-Nottingham friends who didn't know about it. Good comments in return. I've watched it a few times (tune now stuck in my head!) And I always choke up when they show all the 6's! Daft eh?

I love it and have sent it to my non-Nottingham friends who didn't know about it. Good comments in return. I've watched it a few times (tune now stuck in my head!) And I always choke up when they show all the 6's! Daft eh?

KatyJ

I was in Russia in the 2014 Sochi Olympics and as I have said, my mrs is an ice skating fan. We were in a restaurant in Moscow when the Russian couple won the Gold. Its a close second to Torvill and Dean, but the same kind of excitement.

• Upvote 1

Very good, Katyjay. Mrs Chulla liked it too.

What's happening? I posted this but it did not transmit. Did it a second time and the first one is there!

Similar thing happened to another posting today. That one did transmit, but then disappeared. Subsequent attempts have all failed. There's summat up a summat.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...