The cat is earning his keep but...

The cat is earning his keep but the rabbits are still getting through:

IMG_0306.JPG?gl=GB

These used to be carrots:

IMG_0310.JPG?gl=GB

What use is a cat it will go to anyone that feeds it ,kill for the sake of it ,mess on people's gardens and make a racket at nght.why advertise when your cat goes missing after you have let it out near a main road ,cats don't know the green cross code..

Without a cat, my place would be inundated with rodents, living in the country cats are a necessity. One small feed a day, go get your fresh meet yersen yer lazy kitty...LOL Never seen a cat get a fully grown rabbit yet, just the kittens, which they devour from head down..

I had to put a wire mesh fence around my veggies, ground hogs were eating everything last year.

Point taken ,in o my area cats kill on my garden mess on my garden they also use it as a short cut ,they do their courting and fighting under my bedroom window,in fact I know more about them cats than the so called owners.

When I lived in the country at Saxondale , I had five cats. They brought in mice, rats, stoats, weasel , rabbits , mole, toads, various birds. It's no joke staggering in from the pub quiz and tripping over a couple of partially devoured wood pigeons in the porch which had been dragged in through the cat flap.

I love my Cat ,shes 12 and only has one eye,anyway moved house few days ago and after 1st day she went missing,gone for best part of 2 days,thought thats it,then out of the blue just strolled in, gave me a bit of a fuss and slept for about 10 hours. She is very clever and selfish and don't care about the anguish i went thru,ive had strong words with her,doubt it will make any difference... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Folks complain about cats doing their business in their gardens, pity my 2 cats don't understand this concept. They come in from outside, use their litter box, then go out again! There is nothing to spoil outside, it's a jungle out there, as the saying goes.

Don't know where our cat does her business,we don't have a litter tray' she does'nt do it on our garden either,suspect she uses nearby fields,ive asked her,but being a Lady she won't talk about it.

• Upvote 3

This is my all-time favourite cat. Photo taken in Algarve town this April:

047.JPG?gl=GB

Apart from my Cat Lilly) having a few splashes of brown,thats her,...one eye and all, did'nt know she had got as far as Scotland compo' when missing for 2 days, :biggrin:

SORRY COMPO, JUST READ IT AGAIN, should have said Portugal,..............so thats where she does her business then...

I made a fuss of that cat. I took it food and had it on my knee. None of the other tourist s would go near it, which is a shame because she had a lovely temperament, despite being half bald and scabby.

Apart from the mange' she does look like my cat, she had her eye out at the vets £300 it cost us, then they said for another 150 they could have it sent to a lab. (the eye) and have it analyzed, we declined their offer,that was 6 yrs ago and shes been fine since.

#14 think you'll find your cat visits belper,it's right what they say ,cats know who dosen't like them ,but ironically it's us who get the parcels Christmas or not

She probably does Andy, she was born in Derbyshire, and i have relatives in Belper..... :biggrin: