A post from Carni has just brought to mind a snack that I used to love. Anyone remember POTATO PUFFS?

Apologies.....it was a post by Darkazana and not , as I said, Carni.....ooops!

• Upvote 1

Remember them well.

Its my birthday in a few days and being away traveling, my kids usually send me a small parcel each with the usual, Tee shirts or shorts etc.

Yesterday I had this one arrive and due to its size and colour (bright red) just had to open it straight away.

To my surprise, my middle daughter had me a hamper made up, and sent from the uk, of all my English treats I miss so much, Walkers crisps, Hoola Hoops, Minstrels, polo mints,Flying saucers, Walnut whips, Cadbury's chocolate, Foxes Glacier mints, Skips, and much much more !

Just a shame there was no Pork Farms pork pie or Greggs sausage rolls ! no meat products allowed.

And as a sort of top up to my nostalgia, my next door neighbour here, an ex pat Nottinghamite gave me a tin of John West dressed crab ! another child hood favorite of mine.

Strange I can go and catch fresh crab here but the little tin of heaven went down a treat at tea time on sandwiches.

• Upvote 2

Smiths crisps with the little packet of salt,Roses lime marmalade,Fish and chips wrapped in the Nottingham Evening Post,the Co-op baker delivering fresh bread,Devonshire teas with their famous clotted cream.