Got any bad advice? The best I've read was supposedly written in a newspaper advice column by Jerome K. Jerome on the subject of curing fits in cats. He wrote; hold the cat firmly between the knees and taking a sharp pair of scissors, make a clean incision in the animal's tail. It seems the cat's fits were worse as a result and the seeker of advice had hospital treatment.

• Upvote 1

To bath your cat, open the toilet seat, drop some shampoo in the bowl, very quickly drop the cat in the toilet, slam the lid down quickly, sit on the lid, after a couple of minutes of the cat splashing around, flush the toilet around three times....

Stand well back and flip the lid open, preferably with a long broom handle and vacate bathroom extremely quickly...

• Upvote 2

Interesting. Two posts with jokes about cats and requests for a 'Don't Like This' button. There have been lots of jokes about people but not one request for such a button!

• Upvote 2

It sounds like a good idea....But.

Nottstalgia is about Nottingham. When someone posts anything about the City we all love, i appreciate it so much. I have learnt more about the City from Nottstalgia than I ever did in my eighteen years of living there. I used up all of my knowledge on Nottingham in probably the first year of joining. I know my input now is mainly trivia. I hope some times just to raise a smile, for me that is what life now is mainly about. At the moment, if people don't like what I write, they can ignore my posts, or hopefully politely let me know. I feel a bit apprehensive about seeing "Don't Like" and I feel it could be hurtful to the person who receives the notice, for every one to see. No getting away from What this site is about, and it is Wonderful. Most mornings I can't wait to get on site. I think I will always feel the same! :)

• Upvote 7

One thing I am learning from this site is not to judge people on some of their posts,because all of us will say something that someone else may not like,however if we all were afraid of what we were posting the site would become boring ,what we must bear in mind is ,one person's boredom is another person's interest.Most posts tend to stray from original topic but at the end of the day it's not the end of the world.

• Upvote 3

The problem with a "Dislike" button is that everybody has their pet likes and dislikes. Some people don't like the railway threads, some don't like politics, some don't like gardening, some don't like food, etc etc.

So if people marked threads they don't like, just about every thread will be disliked by somebody.

And I'm not sure what that would achieve, apart from making everyone here look like a bunch of miserable, anti-social complainers.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sorry I started this site and I fully understand the point that some don't appreciate the examples so far dealing with cats. I could easily have said as another example of bad advice, 'At all times, pee into the wind', and the objections do illustrate that may of us have been affected by treatment/death of pets more than of people. Note 'us'! I've been there myself. I've said before in these annals that rightly or wrongly, I handle life these days with as much humour as I can and little is exempt.

I have a dislike of cats ,I do not have a dislike of catfan ,my point being we are United by our likes not our dislikes,if I was honest and asked if I could harm a cat the answer would be no ,but the doesn't stop me saying I will kill that bloody cat when I have just put my hand in its pooh when I am gardening and I don't own a cat,I would prefer for that cat to stay on its owners property so they clean the mess.

• Upvote 2

I DON'T dislike cats, I have one, lighten up folks, it's a thread about bad advice....

I love cats more than I like some people. We don't want a dislike button for Gods sake, mine would be in the thousands by now.

• Upvote 1

I have a dislike of cats ,I do not have a dislike of catfan ,my point being we are United by our likes not our dislikes,if I was honest and asked if I could harm a cat the answer would be no ,but the doesn't stop me saying I will kill that bloody cat when I have just put my hand in its pooh when I am gardening and I don't own a cat,I would prefer for that cat to stay on its owners property so they clean the mess.

The answer to your problem Andy is 'get a cat' it won't crap on its own garden and it will keep other cats off it, :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Calm down, calm down, the request for a "Dislike" button was tongue in cheek, that was my humour responding, not a serious request !

Talk about being sensitive, NO NO I did'nt mean to say that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Anyone who knows cats would laugh at the idea if dropping a cat in the bog, you'd end up with tatters of skin hanging off your arms...

I own a cat which I love to bits. I'm not a serious cat lover but I love any pet I have. However, when cats are upset they are hilarious. I nearly sat on mine the other day. I didn't mean to, but if looks could kill, I'd be in the obituaries column now.

• Upvote 2

Anyone who knows cats would laugh at the idea if dropping a cat in the bog, you'd end up with tatters of skin hanging off your arms...

A cat we owned till he died of old age came back one day stinking 'orrible' from sumat he'd rolled in, so we decided to give him a bath,oh dear. To say he didn't like it was an understatement, I didn't think a cat could run up a vertical wall but he did. After we'd re-caught him & we finally got him into the water he was the most miserable looking cat you'd ever seen, he whinged & moaned like a good un. When we'd bathed & dried him & set him free he went berserk charging round the house like a lunatic. quarter of an hour later he was back to his normal self purring away. At least he smelt better.. :)

• Upvote 1

We had a dog that liked smelly stuff to roll in, she'd dig under the back fence were a herd of cows resided, find a nice wet pat, and roll in it..Hose her off, wash her, then within minutes she'd be in cow pat alley again....

• Upvote 2

Fox poop is what they really love to roll in and of course there is plenty around now they have moved into towns. My Patterdale used to revel in it.....a hosepipe job in the garden was what he got for his efforts! noblue