Well, that's that then !

Lucky so-and-so's.

We get nothing for another seven or eight years. Even though the missus has turned 60, she won't get anything, apart from free prescriptions, from the state until she's 67, including pension, bus pass, or winter fuel allowance.

And I'm paying bloody income tax on my pension!

• Upvote 2

Most of us pay income tax on our pension. You not on your own! I begrudge it as I've already been taxed on my earnings!

• Upvote 1

Rob it's a disgrace I am one of the first that has to work longer,because useless politicians have fiddled and gave away what I have worked for all my life ,I should be able to sue the government's for being inept,still I suppose I can sell my house and live on the streets ,oh forgot they will need

my house if I have long term illness,let's cut out the middle man I will gives my house my pension

my national health contributions,to whoever Europe says I should give them to ,still someone will get their human rights,I wish it was me .

Welcome to the club Catfan. As Mick says - you will soon wander how you had the time to go to work. As for having a lay in, well that will soon pass. With your busy retirement days to fulfil you will soon be getting up at 6.30 again.

• Upvote 2

I hope he wipes nhis paws and hangs up is fur coat,I 'll bet catfan will buy a 1/4 mile lead now so he can drag his cat in to save him getting up now he is officially lazy,or perhaps you could get bubblewraps cat to knock you up

• Upvote 1

Just said to the good lady wife wouldn't be nice if that nice? Mr Osborne upped the Christmas bonus to £50 for us "hard up" pensioners.

After all it's been £10 since it started eons ago. ;)

When it was launched by Ted Heath's Tory government in 1972, the bonus payment was worth £98 in today's money.

So really Mr Osborne ort to be giving us pensioners £100 ;)..........FAT CHANCE :(

Yeah but my Missus has a business to run, so we get up at 5-30am and go to bed around 9-30 every night. As she does a six day week and there's still loads of work to get done on Sunday, I'm in the habit of getting up early.

• Upvote 1