Inside Out BBC East Midlands

Did anyone else catch last night's Inside Out feature on the upcoming Forest v Derby match? In all my days I have never heard anyone with a broader Nottingham accent than the presenter Al Needham.

The question is do any Nottstalgians know of anyone who could out-do Al Needham?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007tj7z

The package is the final twelve minutes of the programme.

I find no pleasure whatsoever in listening to people trying to be 'authentic'.

Call me snobby if you want, but I find all this so called Nottingham Speak utter rubbish.

I've never met anyone who speaks like this, and I bet all the posts containing Nottinghameze are written by folk who speak properly.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, but I find it all highly irritating !!!!!!

• Upvote 3

Enjoyed watching that RadfordRed, the pub near the station, that is now called The Vat and Fiddle, was The Grove during my childhood. It stood at the end of a street called The Grove, where my mum grew up.

I think he is the voice in the adverts on Notts TV

Sounds similar................bloody awful !!!

• Upvote 1

# 7. Dave, I wouldn't have a clue about that as when Notts TV first started I couldn't get it on our TV and haven't tried since as I've heard it's not that great and shows repeats all the time. If someone tells me otherwise I'll have another go at trying to find it.

• Upvote 1

LizzieM, #8

I had relations who lived on The Grove road, adjacent to the Grove pub. I can't remember their names at the moment but I will do some research and get back. I do recall my dad helping them to move to Leeds, probably in the early to mid 60's

• Upvote 1

My grandparents lived at # 15 (I think), half way down on the left hand side. They were both dead by 1963 but I had an aunt who also lived down there, near the bottom on the right hand side. I think she was the last person to live on The Grove, refusing to be re-housed! She got kicked out in the end though.

the pub near the station, that is now called The Vat and Fiddle, was The Grove during my childhood. It stood at the end of a street called The Grove, where my mum grew up.

This one. The road seems to have actually been called Queen's Grove.

grove-1.jpg

And from a bit earlier, the street itself.

grove1-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

# 13, Cliff Ton ........ of course it was Queens Grove, I really don't know why I referred to it as The Grove, I should have known as I spent a big part of my childhood there ........... my brain must be 'addled'. Thanks for clarifying!

• Upvote 2