Now that's what I call a big bug*er!

The star VY CANIS MAJORIS has a diameter of 2,800,000,000Km. Just thought I'd mention it.......

It's a fascinating topic, Compo. I have to smile when I read comments from people stating that there isn't any life, or isn't this or that out there. They may well be right but the fact is that, apart from a few space probes, we know very little about what's out there. Ever since I was young, the thing that's always intrigued me is that you can travel in space, in one direction, and never come to an end. If you say that there's this or that at the end then I'll say that there must be something on the other side of it. It's hypothetical so don't go on about running out of fuel. :rolleyes:

The 39 route from Post Office Square to Wollaton Road could be quite daunting too.

Used to go as far as Middleton Street(off Ilkeston Road) in the late 50s with mother to visit Grandmother.

Whilst it is well known that Neil Armstrong said "one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind" Buzz Aldrin's actual transmission on stepping off the lunar lander was

"Ah Houston, I appear to have trodden on a knitted object which is making a strange whistling noise. Ah Houston, it may be a Clanger"

"Thats an affirmative Buzz, Ah, we would like you to take samples of the blue string pudding and green soup"

• Upvote 1