Channel Tunnel

John, I read about Amerika on Wiki. Frightening. The trouble is, these migrants are infiltrating our beloved society without much force.

We've been multi racial since the 19th century, but it's getting too much. It brings to mind that appalling record by Blue Mink called Melting Pot, where everyone ends up coffee coloured. Say no more. !!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't dismiss them, these migrants, I assume, are the poor sods that have been, in their own countries, threatened, treated like crap and have spent all their money to be shoved in leaky boats and dis

Just what the hell are the incompetent French security forces playing at. Migrants galore have penetrated the fences and have gained access to the trains. Isn't it time that military force was now dep

ah-yes whist 2000 illegal imms are storming channel tunnel lets repel them by singing in welsh, Men of Harlech, frighten em to death - mind you this was a time we had spine, a government with backbone

Thanks Mick, that's really reassured me, and put my mind at rest. I'll sleep easy tonight then !!!!!!

One migrant has died after 1500 charge the tunnel. Some have got through. God knows what security we've got here. !!!!!!...... Man the barricades chaps. !!!!!!!!

7 hours delay at the tunnel . Good grief. Send in the troops.......... Yes, ours.

Ahhh I see Amerika has now been produced in DVD foremat.

Here's an editorial review, now I know why it was pulled after just a couple of episodes.

The most ambitious American miniseries ever created, it is the provocative saga of the Soviet takeover of the United States, a time that pits American ideals against a reign of tyranny. But more importantly, it is an absorbing drama about real people - representing all of us - and how they cope with the reality of losing their cherished heritage. Amerika criticized American society in the 1980s, implying that apathy and an unwillingness to defend freedom on the part of many citizens made the Soviet takeover rather easy. At one point, a key Soviet official observes that their plans for conquering the United States succeeded far beyond their wildest dreams, because once the nation had been defeated, Americans turned inward, not caring about national issues, seeking only to retain a piece of the prosperity that had once been theirs. "It (the Soviet coup) worked because you lost your country before we ever got here," says the Soviet leader. "You had political freedom, but you lost your passion ... How could we not win?" At the time it was telecast, Amerika was the most controversial television event ever broadcast by ABC. The network received more mail and phone calls about Amerika before it was on the air than the total pre- and post-broadcast viewer reaction of any other program in the history of ABC, including the end of the world story, The Day After. The critics of Amerika came from all sides of the political spectrum. The liberals feared the program would antagonize the Kremlin, jeopardize arms control and détente. The right thought the miniseries inadequately portrayed the brutality of the U.S.S.R. The United Nations thought the movie would erode its image. Amerika, USA 2008 miniseries, 720 minutes.

And here's the Amazon link. http://www.amazon.com/Amerika-TV-miniseries/dp/B001O8ALBU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438187940&sr=8-3&keywords=Amerika

Don't dismiss them, these migrants, I assume, are the poor sods that have been, in their own countries, threatened, treated like crap and have spent all their money to be shoved in leaky boats and dispatched from Libya across the Med, left to their own fate. They have to pay huge sums of money to do this, they seem to be mainly proffesional people, they would have to be to afford to pay the bastards that trade in such refugees. Clearly they recognise the UK as the the land of an understanding multi racial society, like it or not, that's they way we advertise ourselves in the world. I could winge about those 'nice' Eastern Europeans who have taken over our town, it's appalling, they screw up all our local doctors, apply their own strange rules, treat us locals with their complete arrogance, but they're white and European, so that's ok.

I find the world to be a sad disorientated place, I worry about what we have to face next, I always thought that things would get better after the Cold War, not so, the Superpowers loss of their confrontational grip seems to have allowed so many scumbags to dictate things instead.Eventually some vile organisation, in the name of Allah or whatever deity they chose to use as an excuse for their actions, will get their hands on nuclear weapons and the shit will hit the fan.

• Upvote 7

If they arrive here, and dont admit where they are from, where do you deport them to?

They know this and so do the French!

Stick them on a plane to Nigeria....LOL

As I think I've suggested before, how many of these asylum seekers are members of IS? It worries me that we may be suffering a sort of pacific invasion which could cause us a deal of trouble in the future.

I think that some of you forget that they are Human Beings. They're people with families who've seen their communities ripped apart through sadistic forces of war. Many seeing their friends and family killed, often mutilated or beheaded. Can you blame them for wanting to leave this misery and make a new life for themselves elsewhere. I realise that they can't all come to the UK as we can't be the dumping ground for the Worlds refugees, as I stated in #17. I just think we should show a little compassion for all these people.

• Upvote 5

Hell no Bubblewrap, we don't want them.

Be a long walk if there was...LOL

I think that some of you forget that they are Human Beings. They're people with families who've seen their communities ripped apart through sadistic forces of war. Many seeing their friends and family killed, often mutilated or beheaded. Can you blame them for wanting to leave this misery and make a new life for themselves elsewhere. I realise that they can't all come to the UK as we can't be the dumping ground for the Worlds refugees, as I stated in #17. I just think we should show a little compassion for all these people.

Well said, and more of us should see it that way.
  • Upvote 3

I can't speak for others, but I don't forget they are human beings, their plight is tragic. They suffer the same as the majority of people in Africa and much of Asia have for as long as we can remember. Things have become even worse in recent years, as countries collapse and simply become lawless no-go areas. I can understand them wanting to get out.

But what is the answer? We can see the crisis after a relatively short time period. On the BBC news this evening, a reporter spoke of a migrant from Ethiopia, who had crossed six countries to get to Calais, his only goal being the UK. He may well be followed by millions of others over the coming years. We simply do not have the capacity or the economy to support this.

If they leave their countries because it is so bad, they should be relieved to find a haven in the first safe place they come to. But they do not. Like Mr Ethiopian refugee, it's the UK or bust! And if we're not careful, very soon that's what the UK will be.

• Upvote 3

We seem to forget the current serious terrorist threat to the UK.

As we are now bombing IS, they will be coming to kill us.

I say that alone warrants closing our borders.

• Upvote 3

They are human beings and deserve compassion and no one blames them for running away from oppressive regimes but we can't be the refuge for all and some from europe are economic refugees. The answer? No one has any idea from what I've seen but there's always the option of fighting for their country and changing things. USA did it, USSR did it, we did it and more did it. War and those profitting from it is evil but these people may be helped by giving them the means to change things into something they are looking for, if they have the will.

• Upvote 1

They should stay and fight, instead of fleeing for sympathy. Cowards, the lot of them.

• Upvote 1

I think many people are very conscious of terrorist activity these days. Unfortunately terrorists are able to infiltrate far too easily by conventional means and I would be surprised if they have a strategy of getting in posing as migrants, as has been suggested.

Closing our borders is not the answer, we shouldn't need to live in isolation. A fundemental aspect of sovereignty is the absolute control of activity across our borders. We have devolved this by EU membership and allowed others to dictate what we can do. We do not need to be constrained with regard to non-EU countries and the government should be exercising a considerably more rigorous control as a priority.