FREE Virgin Media Speed Upgrade !

Just come across this, free speed upgrade by those very nice Virgin Media people ! Which has been kept a little bit quiet I suspect, to stop a possible stampede !

i.e. If you are on 100Mbit it will increase to 150Mbit or increase from 150Mbit to 200Mbit.

You have to opt in for the upgrade if available in your area, mines coming next week !

Go & sign in on "My Virgin Media" !

More here.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/business/2015/09/virgin-media-increases-max-download-speed-to-200mbps-for-free/

We're changing over to Virgin Media tomorrow, only made that decision because we've got 'Mates Rates' for 18 months which we reckon will save us over £1200. Just hoping that Customer Service has improved since we tried them 11 years ago and only stayed for the obligatory 12 months.

• Upvote 1

"Mate's Rates" are easily obtainable from VM. Every time your contract is due to end threaten to go elsewhere, it always works without fail.!

Been with VM since "dial up" never really had any problems at all, just keep an eye out when your contract is due to expire !

A bit like car insurance, don't accept the renewal without haggling first !

• Upvote 1

I pay £30 for just broadband on virgin when I asked about the speed increase the office in town would not even look at the letter Then he said that it was a generic letter whatever that's supposed to mean and also that the modem was capable of those speeds customer service is still rubbish meeowed

I'd be happy with the speed I get now if they would just stop having 'outages' every other day.

• Upvote 1

I could get much better speed with Virgin but I dont want to pay for all their TV crap!

Virgin could sell you broadband only, as you dont need a phone line to receive their BB

But that actually costs more than the full TV BB Phone package!

I have Freesat Via HUMAX 1TB recorder which I purchased so I can pause rewind and stream from the internet FREE.

I had serious problems with Virgin CS some years ago, I think I posted it here?

I complained about the bills going up and up and they reduced my TV service.

What I did not know, they did not tell me at the time, was that I had tied myself in for a further 12 months contract.

It was mentioned in the small print of the confirmation letter I received.

They charged me a lump sum when I left to go to (equally sh!te) Sky, which I also had to complain to

due to being miss sold my package, which they did not tell me had limited internet.

I now run my Humax on the redundant Sky dish, Thank you very much Sky.

• Upvote 1