Oh no!!!!!! Am I the only one who loves Strictly? I'd stop several of the cookery programmes , with the exception of The Hairy Bikers.

I love Mastermind, Uni Challenge, and Pointless. HATE with a vengeance Eastenders. Gobby morons.

#22. I didn't say I was a big fan of Strictly, CF, only that I admired its production values, and for that reason was money well spent because it is done so well. High quality costs money.

• Upvote 1

On BBC, I love Strictly, Doctors, Eastenders, Holby City, Casualty and some Nature & Wildlife programmes

I also like Dr Who ( although if this week's episode is a rubbish as last Saturday's, I may stop watching that) and certain documentaries

In general I don't have a problem with the license fee.

£12 a month for the number of channels and services available is actually pretty good.

I don't want to see 'paid advertising' on the BBC, or the kind of creeping erosion in public service commitment that seems to be gathering pace, but I do want to see better value for money.

The BBC will never satisfy everyone, but it CAN be a mainstay of terrestrial broadcasting.

Their problem is that they've tried to do too much with the available funds and they've had a 'bloated' management structure for too long.

For example, do they really need 190 press officers to tell us about the cuts they are intending to make ?

They had a massive proliferation in channels in recent years which has diluted the quailty and integrity from their budget.

I don't think we need The Asian Channel, 1Extra, 5Extra and some of the Local radio stations.

Nor BBC 3, or 2 Childrens' channels (1 will do), even BBC Parliament.

Freeview might have loads of channels, but I bet most people only ever frequent a handful.

We want quality, not quantity.

• Upvote 1

Quality not quantity, absolutely. Remember when video recorders became commonly available during the late 70s? They were the must-have, so you if you were watching BBC1, you could record what you would be missing on either ITV or BBC2 . Back then, just three channels gave plenty of choice.