Oldest known footage of London

A nice find.

One part of it made me feel almost as old as the film. On one of my earliest visits to London in the early 60s, we went to see Downing Street and it was still just an ordinary street which anyone could walk down - just like you could in the film. None of the barriers and gates which are there now.

My sister was in the Hospital on Grays Inn Road in London in the early 70s; and she was allowed out between sessions of Radium. On one of my day visits, we also could just walk on Downing Street. No big gates then.

We also ended up in the courtyard behind Clarence House. There was a sentry on duty but we just walked past him. He didn't bat an eyelid. At one stage we were in a porch, the entrance door was open and we could have just walked in. We got cold feet, in case we were sent to the Tower for trespassing!

While she was still in the hospital; the bombings started around London and security tightened up.

I really enjoyed the video Katyjay Thank you.

Thanks Katy,great bit of film,loved the time switch scenes............used to love working in London such a buzz everyday,almost as good as Bulwell,