Hi Everyone,I found the forums by accident i was looking for old pictures and maps of Rose Yard off Bridlesmith Gate as part of my family history research and saw a post about Berridge Road school ,I went to Berridge infant and junior school as did my brother and sisters,I went to Berridge in 1952 Miss Smith was head in the infants and Mr Griffiths was head in juniors after that I went to Bentinck girls school.I lived in Kirkstead Terrace Kirkstead Street till I was in my middle teens we then moved higher up the street which had had one of the bedrooms turned into a bathroom boy did we think we were posh.My name then was Gibney.Hope to hear from you all soon.Freckles

• Upvote 3

Welcome to the Forum freckles, you'll find lots of interesting stuff on here and no doubt our archivist cartographers will be here soon to help out with you Rose Yard query.

Did you have any family in Comyn Street, Bernard and Mary Gibney in the early 50`s?

The street name didn't ring a bell so I googled it ,as far as I know we didn't have close family in St Anns, I have traced the family back as far as 1779 and its a big far ranging family so it could be ,will check out my tree and see if I can find a link.

Hi Freckles & welcome, you'll see that Cliff Ton has taken up you case, he's a mine of information................................some of it is actually useful........ pieinface

Morning MargeH,Didn't have a nickname just picked it out as I had lots of them when younger.

Cant see anyone in my tree with the name Bernard and Mary gibney have you got any dates to go with them or other family members.