Boys' Toys - Models & Gee Dees

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing what could be bought from the chemists in the 40's and 50's. As well as the usual salt petre etc. you could get photographers flash powder - whoooo!  Think I mentioned the big explosion we cau

Richard was encouraged in his explosive pursuits by his great uncle, also named Richard. A major in the Army and a weapons instructor. As a child, this maniac made a 'cannon' from a length of Victoria

On 06/12/2016 at 0:44 AM, DJ360 said:

Did anyone have 'control line', 'free flight', or 'radio controlled' models?

A chap at the Plessey factory in Beeston had a control line plane with a little [compression?] engine on the front.  We used to say that he "Swung it around his head in circles".  Needless to say that he was not very pleased to hear this :)

• 4 months later...

Such a shame if we lose Gee Dee models,whenever I come over to Nottingham I always pay a visit to the shop just to have a look round,I wish both of them a long and happy retirement and I am sure they will look back at all the happiness they have bought to others through their commitment and enthusiasm to the modelling community

Rog

I'll definitely miss it.

• 1 month later...