Weekday Cross viaducts demolished

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

You surprise me. I'd have thought most people today wouldn't have the foggiest what a Philistine was! :blink:

Not sure if that's a compliment or an insult...:(

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A potted history of the area's arches and buildings including Garner's Hill garden. The narrative helpfully suggests  that the Contemporary visually combines the old and new, which I may be inclined t

Found this lovely painting/print of Weekday Cross:  

There must be a topic covering this subject so if you are an admin, please let me know where it is so that I can use it for any future postings.    Malt Mill Lane.....is that Harry Lime?

I went into the Contemporary Art Gallery yesterday as it was being used as a Polling Station and I was doing a Proxy Vote for a friend.  It was fairly busy in there and not just for voting activities.  It is a very ugly building on the outside but quite nice inside, I didn’t get around to looking at exhibits but the bookshop/gift shop looked worthy of another visit. I then hot-footed it up to the MP Polling Station, all before meeting mates for an enjoyable lunchtime sesh. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...