Good point Waddo, I don't think it;s used today with more modern additives,must have looked really wierd though when it was used

Rog

It's still used but it is costly, alternatives are ice flakes but it's harder to control the water ratio with that. So really there are for s and against both methods. Suppose it boils down to cost, specification and purpose!.

• Like 1

We had one of these at Wanlip quarry,used to bring raw material up from the dig to the processing plant, spent loads of time in the workshop being repaired

Hino.jpg

Rog

Judging by the reg, it was probably before the Japanese got good at making things. Remember the first motorbikes?, Pretty much rubbish, but now great, along with the cars and pretty much anything else they make!!

This is one of the newer Hino's, belongs to Fox brothers of Lincolnshire, the truck he had before this was a Foden (wish I'd took a picture of that)

DSCF4223.jpg

Rog

I once came back from london on the m1 in the 1980s to suddenly find cars and wagons going everywhere when the mayhem subsided theres a mechanical horse doing all of 20 mph near newport pagnall  meeowed

• Like 1

Lifted this picture from FB site "RMC gone but not forgotten" used to see quite a lot of RMC trucks and truck mixers around Nottingham,mainly running out of Attenborough quarry, sadly now all gone

Hall_RMC.jpg[/urRog

Rog

Here you are meeowed, Mechanical horse

2009_0308Yorkday0016.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

The mechanical horse must have been a restoration as they were long gone by the 80s  There were loads in the 60s down wilford road  I think they also did a later model with a rounded front  When i was a kid they were like bees running about and even railway horse and carts  meeowed

• Like 1

They would be Scammal Scarabs, railways used loads of them,there was quite a discussion about them on here some time back

Rog