Thanks for that Lizzie, seem to remember a "self levelling" surface sometime in the 70's/early 80's, can you remember a seven day runing race held sometime in the early to mid 80's, think it was based on a Victorian event, I used to call in there on my way home from Bunny on my bicycle, I think the runners did so many hours running around the track and so many hours for sleeping and eating

Rog

I’d hung up me spikes by then Plantfit and also moved away from Nottingham. Hippogirl might well remember as her children were members of Notts AC.   

• Like 1

Back in the day, I was a regular at the Nottingham Track League cycle races which ran every Wednesday evening between March/April and autumn.

My main memory is that it was always freezing!

Don't forget Rog..i have those photos for you..our kid Pennyfarthing racing in the 60's.

Harvey Hadden himself, was born in the Park in 1851..he ran the family hosiery firm J&S Hadden..then went to Canada ..making a fortune in land investments.

• Like 4

Thanks Ian, if you could copy them and post them to my house it would be great, PM for address

Rog

• Like 1

Harvey Hadden did keep his promise about helping the youth of Nottm.

Before his death in 1931- he left strict instructions along with £30,000 to build a Stadium.

• Like 2

I was given these two photo's by Ian 123 of some Penny Farthing (Ordinary cycle) racing around Harvey Hadden stadium in the early 1960's does anyone else know anything about the races

P1070207.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

I raced in the Harvey Hadden league for the first few seasons. Although I had won the league on Melbourne Park grass track I just did not have the speed when we moved to the hard track. OKish but not a winner. Got a pic of me racing there somewhere. More than likely that Rob L's dad took it.

• Like 4

Find it and post it on here please PP

Rog

I have others Rog...somewhere..think it was 1968- do recall the day as a nipper.

Lots more old pics of H.Rogers bikes and the Hateley one you kindly identified.

• Like 1

Had a couple of interesting nights at Harvey Haddon doing the Security when the Boxing Booth brothers were going strong,,,''Nickie and Jason''............

Did this place become a 6th form college at Bilborough?bil3.jpg

• Like 2

Yes. This was Bilborough Grammar School. Looking at the car registration letters this was taken about 1977 so it would have been the Bilborough College by then. 

• Like 2

Much obliged Shirley...lost the titles to some pics...caption when posted read:

Bil.