Brilliant number Enigma...........wife dancing her ass off to it.....lol

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, Ayup Ben, pleased to see you back and sorry you’ve had health issues but hope you settle into your new home quickly.  Did you get out before the rent man called?   Just hope that a few of th

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

I’d be really angry if the removal company had lost our chairs when we moved house 

Posted Images

Feeling good so time for some music from happier days;;;1960

''Fabian''   ''String Along''

the only Fabian record i bought........gave it to Christine   :rolleyes:

Mrs Brown youv'e got a lovely daughter..  Hermans Hermits..

The lovely voice of Peter Noone....

I really married Mrs Browns lovely Daughter...

but its sad..she does'nt love me now...

She made it clear enough somehow....

And Peter Noone kissed my girlfriend in town...

In her lunch hour when she was a waitress in Lyons.....tut....:ohmy:

On 1/17/2021 at 10:54 AM, Mess said:

As I'm sure you know It was a Jackie DeShannon song as was Needles and Pins. The Searchers did a great job with both of them.

Jackie was the first to record Needles and Pins but she didn't write it.  Sonny Bono wrote it.. and if I'm not mistaken thats him to her right in the vid I posted above.

Unless I've missed it there seems to be no commentary about the death of Phil Spector.

There is much debate about whether he should be 'RIP'd, since he was convicted of murder, and also was known as a bullying and abusive character. Although no excuse..I think it should also be noted that he had a lousy upbringing and a lifetime of mental issues.  Genius and insanity?

My view is that to deny the amazing music he created not only denies its place in the pop music canon, but also dismisses the talents of those who performed it. rather than trot out the usual suspects. Baby I Love You, River Deep.. etc.. here are a couple of lesser known songs.

• Like 1

Nice song to start the day,,,,,,

''Young Girl''           Gary Puckett and the Union Gap'''

''Young Girl get out of my mind''

''My love for you is way out of line''

Memories of Angela from Sherwood......about 68'':rolleyes:

• Like 1

Need help here            was the original Nottingham Playhouse the small place on Goldsmith street or was it called something else?

I went there about 1963 a couple of times..saw         Marti Wilde...Gene Vincent...the Vernon Girls...Eden Kane........

Some songs ive forgotten love to hear again...just noticed this on 'U Tube'' from 1968...

'Everybody's Talkin''    'Harry Nilsson

''I'm going where the sun keeps shining''

Lovely Lyrics'

Some great 'Instrumentals'' in the 60s...great to dance to,,,,including this one from the ;John Barry seven;; ''Hit and Miss'' 

Think 1960........Locarno springs to mind............

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Need help here            was the original Nottingham Playhouse the small place on Goldsmith street or was it called something else?

Yes, it was the Playhouse and the building is still there......although it keeps changing its name. 

https://goo.gl/maps/ewGSmVPF285YfagH8

• Like 1

Thanks Cliff ton........thought i had imagined it........also went there to deliver a Parcel when i was a Van-Lad and saw Marty Wilde rehearsing.............my driver had to come and get me out   

Was it called the Gaumont Theatre at some point?  I remember going into a place very much like it for a 'schools' performance of a very much abridged 'Great Expectations'. I could swear it was called the Gauont and I think the Playhouse had by thenn moved to the new modern premises.

13 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Some great 'Instrumentals'' in the 60s...great to dance to,,,,including this one from the ;John Barry seven;; ''Hit and Miss'' 

Think 1960........Locarno springs to mind............

I have a 78 of John Barry Seven 'Big Guitar'.  Sounds a bit naff now to be honest.. but I suppose it was pretty 'radical' at the time.

Anyway. JB went on to do some terrific music for lots of films etc...

This is better... except for Forsyth...

I do believe that's Cherry Wainer on organ with Lord Rockingham's X1..

And our American cousins..

And:

I'm diggin' on it!!!  :biggrin:

Yes DJ it was the Gaumont it was a cinema when i used to go there in the late 60s.Was Lord Rockinghams X1 on the six five special i watched it on my grandads black and white tv around tea time great stuff.

The Gaumont   Did Bill Hayley and the comets visit here one lunch time?

Sorry might have been Odeon  

• Like 1

It was the Odeon Noddy ! I went to see The Platters there. I must have been about 13 at the time.

Re the Gaumont, didn't it become ABC Nottingham? It started life as The Hippodrome. 

11 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Was it called the Gaumont Theatre at some point?  

8 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Yes DJ it was the Gaumont it was a cinema when i used to go there in the late 60s.

The Gaumont was a cinema on the next corner - where Wollaton St meets Goldsmith Street.   The building was demolished many years ago and replaced by this.  

https://goo.gl/maps/mJUUqJKcb155ULpP9

• Like 2

First music of the day....

''Ring of Fire''         The great 'Johnny Cash''

''Love turned in to a burning ''ring of fire''

Tell me about it...........:Shock:

Followed by the wonderful 'Seekers''

''I'll never find another you''   1964

''If they gave me a fortune my pleasure would be small''

''' because i know i'd never find another you'''

• Like 1