• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I wasn't hoping for much and wasn't disappointed. All Indian food tastes pretty much the same to me. A high end Indian restaurant, Ghurka One, in nearby Rolleston has just closed down to be repla

So sad Rog.......all towns and Cities are going the same way........our World is becoming unrecogniseable from the one we knew and grew up with......and its not for the better.........

Between Castle gate and Middle gate there is a small alleyway and at the entrance off Castle gate are these unusual bricks set into the wall about twelve to fifteen inches from the ground, the story i

16 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Are there no Waitrose any nearer Pianoman? Or even in Nottingham. Seems a long way to go from Eastwood to Buxton or Newark. You may as well come to Lewes or Burgess Hill.

There is a little Waitrose on Milton Street in Nottm. but they don't carry much stock. Certainly no Sandemann  :(

Amazon will deliver Sandeman Port direct to your door. The port season is rapidly approaching! I noticed Waitrose were selling Villa Antinori Italian red. £18 a bottle but an excellent wine. When I bought machinery from Italy a few cases were included on the truck!

6 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

If I wish to go to Waitrose, just for a bottle of Sandemann port  (can't find any other reason to go to Waitrose) for me at Eastwood its a trip to either Newark or Buxton.

My wife is a regular at Waitrose Newark. If you want a bottle of Sandermans I can pick one up as I’m often in Giltbrook with my daughter in law. 

Thanks. Can I just ask you to have a look if they actually stock Sandemans LBV at the moment please, if so, at what cost per bottle. Waitrose are not actually advertising any Sandemans at the moment, so they may no longer be stocking it.

• Upvote 1

@The PianomanHave you tried Mavrodaphne?  I don't usually buy wine from supermarkets as I order it from Laithwaites but a friend recommended that one and I tried it. It's a fortified wine and I rather liked it. Not expensive and, as I have a sweet tooth, quite palatable.

@Jill Sparrow Well I bought a bottle. Very tasty. I would drink it in preference to a good many French wines. Problem is, the cork won't go back in the bottle and I wouldn't like it too evaporate!  :laugh:

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any paralytic pianists wandering round the Eastwood area, nor for inebriated former pilots rolling in the gutters of Newark and environs.  However, I'm pleased that Malcolm is aware of the dangers of bottle contents going 'off'.  When it's gone, you can always fetch another bottle. :Shock:

• Like 1

We were driving into Newark when we spotted the heavy black smoke plume. We thought it was from the scrapyard opposite the sugar factory where there was a previous fire. When we got closer it was obvious it was from the Northgate area where we were going. The traffic was very heavy so we turned round and went to the brewery at Cromwell to collect urgent supplies. Apparently it was a plastic waste fire at the rear of Northgate retail park. 

• Like 1
On 11/9/2023 at 10:20 PM, The Pianoman said:

Thanks. Can I just ask you to have a look if they actually stock Sandemans LBV at the moment please, if so, at what cost per bottle. Waitrose are not actually advertising any Sandemans at the moment, so they may no longer be stocking it.

Waitrose Newark checked today and they have no stock. In fact they said they don’t sell it.

2 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

Waitrose Newark checked today and they have no stock. In fact they said they don’t sell it.

Thanks. Its not on Waitrose online either   :(

• 1 month later...

Picture taken this morning (Saturday 06.01.24) of the Newark barge floating pub on the river Trent near Trent bridge Newark

Newark-floods-06-01-6.jpg

Still a bit dark at 08.00

Rog