Compo

Out and about with Compo

Here are a few photos of our walk along the clifftops between Freswick and Duncansby Head in north east Caithness last Friday. The day began foggy with a sea fret or Haar covering the coast but as the day progressed the mist rolled abck and the sun shone. alas, the wind also had its say and at one point we were walking at an angle of about 45° into it!  It was a great walk and saw not a soul all morning. Walk time 3hrs 10mins including a short snack break at the photo labelled "A nice place  for a picnic".

Wife Geo. A collapsed sea cave leaving behind a 200+ft tall stack called "The Wife" loaclly:

I3v1L6jE3PLujSZnKE_OfjBc2nayHIwGp7G8RC8R

Stacks of Duncansby at the most northeasterly pont of the British mainland. The central white spot is Duncansby lighthouse and the three smaller white spots close together are campervans.

1fUKzNjUYhFaBAG9ZQv53TUlvFplzbWrCOO9tS_E

"Are you staring at me?!" said the Fulmar:

jiMAXqKR-nA-aDLO26SLrCkj3AYlru9NXtNlWDyV

Muckle Stack:

xkNVuM66RVWOWN0bnHfJlZjF0f53dR-D5rW-aaBh

A great picnic Spot! Situated just below the windy cliff tops , this spot is secluded and comfortable with nice springy grass to sit on.....and what a view, too!

RVCJuUdDHmU1uGVi0APuk2VaEUjkQShbMpFFBLqt

• Like 3

Great pics Paul

Rog

• Like 1

Why can't I get the pictures I klick on the link but nothing. 

I have a simliar one to the Fulmar,  mines a Gannet though

Rog

• Like 1

Gannet

Bempton_cliffs_2010_010.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sue B 48 said:

Why can't I get the pictures I klick on the link but nothing. 

I've noticed this happens quite a lot on Nottstalgia. Beekay also has trouble seeing my photos.  No idea what's up though.

You have half dozen links at top of page Compo, but no joy. Noticed there is a tiny square to the left with a X in it, don't know if that mean anything.

It's not just yours though, have experienced it with others. Beekay.

I can't see Compo's photos on here, either, but I have seen them on Facebook and they are beautiful...

50 minutes ago, MargieH said:

I can't see Compo's photos on here, either, but I have seen them on Facebook and they are beautiful...

Didn't see you waving Margie, when we drove by on Saturday. Where woz ya ? B.

ps.Still got me rubber brick in back of me car.  smile2

10 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Didn't see you waving Margie, when we drove by on Saturday. Where woz ya ? B.

ps.Still got me rubber brick in back of me car.  smile2

Told you already BK.... the nearest you'd  have got to us was 15 or so miles away!    I hope you're enjoying your time in Norfolk anyway.   

You're missing a treat then, they are quite good.

Edit:'

I've  just looked at the details and they are standard jpegs. I suggest the problem is with the filters on your PC/Tablet whatever -  for some reason they are blocking the download. Can't really offer definitive advice as so many of you use different browsers but suggest you look into the advanced settings of whatever one you use.

Just popping over to facebook to see if I can view Compos photos. Back in a jiffy.:biggrin:

Great Pictures Compo.:)

• Like 2

I know you told me Margie, but  you cannot be sure which way I came, once I reached the A11/A14 junction. Might have nipped round on me bike. :Friends:

• Like 1

It's  not a browser problem because I've looked at the page on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, and I'm not seeing the photos on anything. Nor on my phone - Android.

Maybe Compo just doesn't like me :)

Are you his Fb friend, Kev?  The photos are clearly visible on there...  

OK now something weird is going on here. I could see compo's pics in all their glory when they were first posted - and now i can't.

The Gannet from PF is still there good as gold but everything else is broken. Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome all with the same result. Looked at my settings, all OK, no updates have taken place so I have no idea what's wrong.

Weird as a very weird thing...

I've lost all Compo's photo's now, they were all there about an hour ago plain as you like, but now all gone

Rog

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beekay said:

I know you told me Margie, but  you cannot be sure which way I came, once I reached the A11/A14 junction. Might have nipped round on me bike. :Friends:

The Village Facebook  vigilantes would have tracked the progress of a strange man on a bike carrying a rubber brick, so you wouldn't have got very far...  We have a good network to relay information in this, and the surrounding villages.   Very useful for finding lost pets, keeping track of unacceptable behaviour on the rec or shaming people who have parked on double yellow lines by photographing the offending vehicles.

Big Brother has certainly arrived here, but if you're not being naughty,  it's quite a positive thing...

Here's a link to a walk I did last Thursday. There are captions on each individual photo. It is on the Canon Irista hosting site so it might work for everyone - fingers crossed!

A walk over the hills of Torrisdale on the north coast of Scotland.

• Like 7

Hiya Paul, what can you tell me about Canon Irista ? Never heard of it before. 19 Beautiful pictures of a beautiful area !  B.thumbsup

• Like 2

Great photos Compo.  You’re certainly fit if you can climb those hills. 

• Like 1

Good pics Compo but you're as bad as Plantfit, I'm knackered just thinking about it.

• Like 1