Went to the dentist a few days ago, quick visit to get an jmpression for 2 crowns. Got back home and this is mine and hubby's conversation. He's in the office and I'm shouting to him.

I'm home. I won a turkey.

What?

I said, I won a turkey.

I thought you said you were going to the dentist.

I did, I won a turkey.

What?

Apparently, anyone spending  $500 (easily done!) during November was entered into a draw for a turkey, and I won it. Frozen, before anyone thinks I've vot to chase it with an axe. Thank you very much. Thursday is Thanksgiving.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did he give him a filling ? LOL

Went to the dentist a few days ago, quick visit to get an jmpression for 2 crowns. Got back home and this is mine and hubby's conversation. He's in the office and I'm shouting to him. I'm home. I

May be the same practice I go to RR, but I have to pay more for the pleasure, being a ‘private’ patient (yet my husband is NHS ...... not sure how that happened) i believe some crafty folk get de

Posted Images

• 2 years later...

Bramcote lane for my 6 monthly NHS check up, scale & polish £21.60, see you in August, while I was in the waiting area, this bloke came out with cotton wool stuffed in his gob, looked like he'd took a good kicking, the receptionist asked for three hundred & eighty something pound! Your having a laugh! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Sheep fan hopefully. ....... Joking !

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

three hundred & eighty something pound!

He did get a good kicking, where do they get their prices from?

Rog

9 hours ago, radfordred said:

Bramcote lane for my 6 monthly NHS check up, scale & polish £21.60, see you in August, while I was in the waiting area, this bloke came out with cotton wool stuffed in his gob, looked like he'd took a good kicking, the receptionist asked for three hundred & eighty something pound! Your having a laugh! :biggrin:

May be the same practice I go to RR, but I have to pay more for the pleasure, being a ‘private’ patient (yet my husband is NHS ...... not sure how that happened)

i believe some crafty folk get dental treatment for nowt though .........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have an appointment on Friday to have root canal work. This bloody tooth has already cost me a small fortune and caused me two courses of Metronidazole which saved me a bit less as I couldn't drink....  Already £50 plus for the assessment.  It seems the existing root canal work is fine, but in the tooth concerned there is sometimes a second root.. and.. you've guessed it..  mine has one..  The RC work will be £300. Not bad for an hours work..   I'm going to be a Dentist in my next incarnation... Money for Jam...  literally...

I'm trying my best to hang on to as many teeth as I can.  It's very much a case of what goes first... me.... or my teeth..

I've always had crappy teeth.  I clean them religiously, yet they keep rotting and falling out...  It's not fair... :( 

• 4 months later...