Nottingham Falcons Trent University

Good Morning All,

Darkazana, I did wonder my self if they knew. Perhaps the Camera makes a very quiet noise when it moves position and the birds are aware of it, but not frightened. Anyway they must be sheltering from the rain this morning as there is no sign of them yet.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

So folks it seems the birdies have flown the nest. Just got an email update that the season has ended with the apparent departure of Milly Molly Mandy and Frank.

So bye bye kids, look forward to seeing the return of the falcons next year hellothere

That explains my no sightings within most of the last 24hrs. I just had a quick look and there seems to be one bird sitting up the far end of the ledge, perhaps a parent bird? What a Pleasure it has been to watch.

hellothere Bye Bye Birdie's

They seem to have grown up so much quicker this year, and I haven't had the chance to watch them so much either. Hope they happily soar through the skies and stay safe.

I agree Lizzie. Last year they seemed to spend quite a few days doing practice runs up and down the ledge, and the cameras followed them around the building as they explored. But they obviously cannot find them up there so are assuming they have flown.

Another successful season over...

Pedestrians can again walk the pavements below without fear of things from above...

And let us hope that each and everyone of our members are here next year to again enjoy the NTU falcons.... :cheers:

• Upvote 3

I just had another peep at the ledge, and there is a Parent Bird sitting there in its usual place.

If the Adult Birds keep returning to the nest site, is it likely that any of the Fledglings return?

it's possible the fledglings might be around somewhere. Just had a look but the ledge is empty. Perhaps the parents can't believe their babies have grown up so quickly!!! A familiar feeling!

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...

Looks like things are moving on at NTU Falcons. They are moving their blog page on to the Wildlife trust, though I believe the cameras will still be in operation

I got that email too Darkazana, hopefully things won't change, but having said that, the webcam takes up a lot of my time in the Spring ..... but not as much as Nottstalgia, LOL

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

I was just having my usual peep to see if I can catch a sighting of the Falcons again. I have watched them at various times over the last few weeks. At 8.09am this morning, there were two Falcons on site. One at each end of the ledge There furthest away, was enjoying Brakfast. I often check in and quite often see one Falcon at least, up there taking a rest or dining!

So glad you have caught them! When ever I watch and report sightings,they usually fly straight off.Leaving an empty ledge. I have carried on looking all year and one or more return to the ledge most days.

She's been scraping the nest to form a hollow....looks good

If you like this sort of stuff here's a Florida Eagle with two chicks....interesting watching. Live cams a bit dicky at the mo and of course 5 hours time difference...worth a look.

http://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html#

s4b34i.jpg

• Upvote 1

I just clicked off the site for a few moments and they are gone, or out of shot. That's a great shot of the Falcon Poohbear, Well Done.

I have tried to post "Still Pics" before, but mine seem to show live recordings, and as you can imagine the Falcons fly off in a second. Leaving my image as an empty ledge. So I gave up trying. I will learn as it is interesting to post sightings.

poohbear, Thankyou for the Florida Eagle link on #70. I keep popping back to it on Camera 1 and watching the two chicks progress with interest. I can only get camera 1, there seems to be a problem with the other two, but that is quite enough for me. Watching the Nottingham Falcons last year was the first time I have experienced 'Wild Birds Nesting and Chicks hatching and Fledging'. (I hope that is the correct word). It suits me fine, I am what I would call an 'Arm Chair Bird Watcher'. I shall be flitting from the Falcons to the Eagles daily from now on.

Poohbear, By our time between 10/11pm last night, I was flitting between watching the Nottm Falcons ledge and the two links you posted. At that time I couldn't see a problem. The parent bird was mainly just standing, so were the two Chicks. The largest one was moving around, and it made me wonder how they managed not to stumble over the edge. How sad.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been watching the Perigrines on the NTU Site and both are in and around the nest with the female scraping and generally tidying up the immediate area.

Must be near to laying ?

Nottingham Falcons - what sport do they play - what league are they in? Have they won any games yet!!

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University