Pubs closing or closed down

I'm sure Anne will thank you, Frank, but I will too. The latter pictures are all of my old stomping ground. I got married at Christ Church Cinderhill, and isn't that the Barleycorn in one picture? I don't remember Cinderhill park having a stone wall on Nuthall Rd, is that new? I see it's now called Stockhill Park.

Before we got married, our vicar was killed 3 weeks before the ceremony. Thank goodness it wasn't an omen! We're just about to celebrate 39 yrs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

Oh Frank..of course I will thank you over and over and over.

I know I probably sound OTT...but I am LOL

What fantastic photo's of places I never thought I'd ever see again.

The best part is nothing seems to have changed.

It is almost midnight and I wanted to have a quick look before bedtime...now I am wide awake with tons of memories flooding into my mind.

It's wonderful and I can't thank you enough.

I too got married at Cinderhill Church...

Stockhill Park we always called Cinderhill Park and I spent many hours playing there...I think I knew every single corner there.

I'm surprised to see the bowling greens are still there after all these years.

Sometimes I went bowling...couldn't play properly...but we had many a laugh.

Thanks a million Frank...you're a good un!

bighug

I'm sure Anne will thank you, Frank, but I will too. The latter pictures are all of my old stomping ground. I got married at Christ Church Cinderhill, and isn't that the Barleycorn in one picture? I don't remember Cinderhill park having a stone wall on Nuthall Rd, is that new? I see it's now called Stockhill Park.

Before we got married, our vicar was killed 3 weeks before the ceremony. Thank goodness it wasn't an omen! We're just about to celebrate 39 yrs.

I celebrated 37 years of marraige to the lovely mrs frank on wednesday and we are off to wales camping for the bank holiday weekend together.

Might even take my camera smile2

The stone wall is only around the bowling green Kath and it's been there for as long as I can remember.

Yes, that is the BarleyCorn - sadly now closed.

You arent old enough to have been married 37 years Frank are you?? congrats to you bothxxxxx

If Andy & I had been married since we first met we would have been married 36 years too, as it is we aren't married at all !rotfl!

You arent old enough to have been married 37 years Frank are you?? congrats to you bothxxxxx

If Andy & I had been married since we first met we would have been married 36 years too, as it is we aren't married at all  !rotfl!

Congrats 2 Frank from me you’re a lucky bloke mate.

It would have been my 37th this month 2.

So Caz you’re not married then? Living in sin so 2 speak and does one have a chance at cracking the nut when you next visit?

Thanks Frank 4 the picture of the Fox and Crown where the Alcaza brewery is smashing mate.

Bip. B)

If on your way home (If it's North Wales your going to you and Mrs Frank are quite welcome to stop by at' La maison Beefsteak' for a brew mate

Congrats, Mr & Mrs Frank, and thanks for the images...

I can't speak for Nott'm ,but there's no Wendy's /Aberdeen Angus steak house/Popyes Chicken Shack, or even Starbucks over here yet.

Theres a Wendy' near Picadilly Circus, which is CR4p!

There are Starbucks here though the Frapachino that I had at McArthur Glen was 95% ice, also CR4P.

Sadly still no Popeye's here?

Ian can you remember us at I Drive Popeye's eating 20 pieces of Chicken + Biscuits ( a bit like a dry dumpling?) Must be a record.

When I go to LA. I am a regular at Popeye' North Hollywood Way, Burbank (on the way to Fry's Electronics) 2 pieces for $1.49. YUM!

popeyes_logo.jpg

2PcChicken1SideBiscuit2002.jpg

Thanks all

Yes it was 22 August 1970 when I said 'I Do' and I can honestly say that I have no regrets. 3 smashing kids who have all done well and 4 wonderful grandkids.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&ge...li=lmd&z=14&t=m

Life is sweet at the mo.

If you look closely Den at the top RH side of the fox picture you can just see the words - Home of the Alcazar Brewery.

Should be out for a couple in the Poacher Saturday after the Bank Holiday.

Mick - there is a Starbucks in Nottingham - on Clumber Street!

As for Popeyes - around here they are regarded as a down-market KFC! Not good at all! (And impossible to find - same with Church's)

Now lets talk about White Castle burgers - the worlds greatest cure for constipation!

!hungry!

The greatest cure for constipation used to be 'Shipstones Bitter'

"If you feel the bottom has fallen out of your world ,drink 'Shipstones Bitter and let the world fall out of your bottom"

Unused advertising campaign cirrca 1977

!rotfl!

Scroll back about a page Mick and you will see I was on about Popeyes Chicken Shack , it actually nearly started this thread (I know you were away so I forgive you)LOL

Mick - there is a Starbucks in Nottingham - on Clumber Street!

As for Popeyes - around here they are regarded as a down-market KFC!  Not good at all! (And impossible to find - same with Church's)

Now lets talk about White Castle burgers - the worlds greatest cure for constipation!

!hungry!

On the contrary, I find Popeye's Jucier & tastier than the Generals.

If only that the place is always full of Po'Boys?

The worst chicken I ever had was El_Loco_Pollo.gif Youve got to be some kind of 'Crazy Chicken' to eat there?

crazy_chicken.jpg

Starbucks UK, Never ! nearly 5 quid for a coffee, whose conning who?

And the Best Burger FUDDRUCKERS fuddruckers.jpg

The Worst Burger "FATBURGERS" logo_tagline.gif

I recommend Fudds, 2/3lb 'The Works' Burger with all you care to eat Salad Buffet.

Lots of Jalapino Peppers for me, and a large squirt of hot Jalapino cheese. Oh yes and a large Dr.Pepper (no ice) Ta'

Heres the menu...(unlike mcD, it does look like the burger on the menu)

http://www.fuddruckers.com/ See Burgers

You sound like me Mick, when I ask for cold drinks I say 'no ice' and they look at me like I've got a screw loose. But by my reckoning, the drink is ice cold as it comes out the 'gun' and if you put ice in, it waters it down. [plus they put so much ice in, you hardly get any drink]

Looking at that page , Mick, Mine would have to be a 1lb bacon cheddar (What's +American or +Swiss?

;)

Now yer talkin' "Fuddruckers" is hard to beat for a good burger. Their hot dogs are good too!

Cheeses Ian

Sadly my favorite Fudds at Sierra Madre Ca. is closed demolished and now a CVS Phamacy!

They used to have a great Classic cruise every Saturday Night.

Now the only one is Downtown Burbank.

Ian Fudds in orlando is at the Festival Bay Mall at International Drive.

Not the same Decor level as LA, There the walls are full of rare pop photographs, gold records and pop memorobelia.

You can sit in an Elvis or beatles themed booth.

fr-menu-burger.gif

If on your way home (If it's North Wales your going to you and Mrs Frank are quite welcome to stop by at' La maison Beefsteak' for a brew mate

Sorry Steaky - missed the invite.

Do you live anywhere near these mate?

DSC_0128-1.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

We had a lovely time in north Wales - managed to visit Port Merion where the Prisoner was filmed (Patrick McGowan)(sp??)

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0068-1.jpg

CSC_0085.jpg

CSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Are they all Port Merrion (The setting for that weird 70s T.V. series The Prisoner ?) If the answer is yes then I am less than 1,1/2 hours drive from there .And 10 minutes from the real Jodrell Bank.

No not near Port Meirion - the staircase locks and the sculpture - on the road between the M6 and Chester. (A500)

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down