Pubs closing or closed down

If you had gone up to gate 18 and taken the 54 to Chester you would go through where I live, still am only 20 mins from the A500.

(Black and white beach photo ,Barmouth??)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stood there and paid that for four drinks then you and the landlord deserve each other...I'd have told them to sod off and walked out.

Apart from, BBC news Sky news RT news wild life stuff Cow-boy films Judge judy The chase Fools and horses last of summer wine Emmerdale Coronatio

Posted Images

The Wheatsheaf Inn on Ilkeston Road & Hand and Heart on D*rby Road both boarded up .

Must be the smoking ban ? It's about time the government banned smoking on the pavement outside pubs. I'm sick of going for a walk along the pavement outside pubs and coming home with my clothes and hair stinking of stale smoke.

Not wishing to be pedantic but aint that the other way round (Hand and Heart on Ilkeston Road and Weatsheaf on Derby Road??? If it is then I am a bit upset at the Weatsheaf closing quite a family history with that place.

No its not the other way round ?

The Weatsheafs is on Ilkeston Road just up from The Peacock inn ?

And the Hand & Hart was still on D*rby Road unless it slid down the hill towards Maid Marion way ?

There is a Three Weatsheafs on D*rby Road the Lenton end that's still open For Business.

Thats where I was thinking of .My Grand parents used to play Cribbage and Dominoes for them when they lived on Cycle Road, they moved into The Albert Ball memorial home in about 1980 sadly they are both dead now

An old mate of mine ran it in the early 90's (Tony and Jean) and I spent many happy hours (and pounds)in there during this period

I too remember them having chickens Mick I must have been about 5 .I can remember going in there and watching the men playing skittles (bottle of 'Britvic orange' and a packet of crisps please landlord)

;)

What the 'eck is going on over there? Are you miserable lot not drinking your quotas? I know Den is doing the best he can, and I do my bit when I come over there, but clearly some of you are not drinking enough and they are tearing down all the pubs!

Now turn off the stupid computer, walk down to yer local and knock back a couple - consider it as doing your bit for the preservation of local hostelries and breweries.

You lot don't know how lucky you are. Around here it's a four mile drive to the nearest halfway decent pub, and they sell COLD American beer (if you can call it that!). If I could walk to a pub - I'd be there every night for a swift pint!

!englandflag!

Exactly, How much of it is ice?

In the US a 64oz (half gallon) pitcher can easily be 50% crushed ice. In other words a swizz. I remember being asked to leave a Pizza Hut in KC after kicking up a fuss about the amount of ice in a pitcher of rootbear.

Here in England if I'm the Designated Driver and have a dispensed (rather than bottled) soft beverage I always get the ice put in after they've poured the drink.

I like to get my money's worth.

;)

I always ask for "no ice " Because it's cold enough anyway (Cos they're always air conditioned)

Tell you a story about the Crocodile farm in Singapore another day

From what I remember The Aviary and another pub in St Annes were owned by some 'Dodgy people' I am not going to name, names here

For me too never had thought that. maybe the Globe down the road has taken some of their custom away.

Bip.

I put the cellar cooler in there Bip when it was re-furbed/opened. Good pub with REAL ALES on tap.

P.S. Don't tell the TAX MAN as it was a cash job!! !jumping!

Yes it was Mick, the last time I went in there was with my mate and his wife and mine some ten years ago, it was dark and foreboding if I remember rightly the clientele all had tattoos up and down their bodies and that went for the females too.

Bip,

Funny you should mention rubble dennis because I went to me mums house today, which takes me past the old Wollaton Arms Nee The Balloon, it too is a pile of rubble.

497732369_b1fadef0d3_b.jpg

Bip.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Pubs closing or closed down