The Odd Couple?

YeSSSS!! Rufford Park that's the one! I think there may be several of these benches or am I wrong ?

Caz

• 5 years later...

Have a postcard of that bench on our 'fridge! The man always reminds me of my dad. As Kev said - how terrible that it has become the target of vandals (I presume).

You presume right Limey - Found on the BBC news channel.

A popular sculpture will not be returned to a Nottinghamshire park after it was vandalised.

The Man and Ewe, which depicts a farmer and a sheep sitting on a bench, was badly damaged over the summer at Rufford Country Park.

Now the county council has said the concrete sculpture is beyond repair and would be too expensive to re-cast.

The park has set up evening security patrols and is working with police and local residents to deter vandals.

Linda Hardy, parks development officer for Nottinghamshire County Council said: "People tell me how they've bought families here and the children have sat on the seat and had photographs taken - it has been a very well loved piece.

"The people who work here do love the park and the sculptures mean a lot to us, so we feel really upset.

"But we do understand that all sculptures have a life-span, just like people and you have to do new things and that's what we try to do here at Rufford."

The sculpture was created by Sioban Coppinger in 1982.

The Man and Ewe

Why cant the mindless morons leave things alone? Same goes for idiots who damage gravestones! I wonder how they would feel if it was their relatives gravestone that was being vandalised!

• 4 years later...