Free bottle of Lucozade

I can't watch the video because we're still on this stupid dial-up and it would take forever to download, but I will say that when I was a kid, I had to be just about at death's door to get a bottle of lucozade bought me! It was deemed too expensive and a luxury item to be bought willy-nilly. Now it's up there with the sport drinks, and affordable. The times, they are a changin'

Kath

Sorry to hear that Katy I'll tell you what was on it when everyone has had a chance to view it first

I can't watch the video because we're still on this stupid dial-up and it would take forever to download, but I will say that when I was a kid, I had to be just about at death's door to get a bottle of lucozade bought me! It was deemed too expensive and a luxury item to be bought willy-nilly. Now it's up there with the sport drinks, and affordable. The times, they are a changin'

Kath

Us'n'all! I can only remember mum buying it a couple of times - once when I had the mumps! I bet I haven't even tasted it since I was about 8 years old!

My last taste of it (as far as I can remember) was when I had my appendix out, circca 1974

Sat here supping my freebie now , and you're right Mick, it tastes bloody awful

With all the "alcopops" around in the UK, I'm surprised that somebody hasn't figured out something potent to throw into Lucozade. How about Gin?

If you ever saw "Only Fools and Horses " (Sit com) Del Boys drink 'du jour' in one episode is "Tia Maria and Lucozade"

• 10 years later...

As a kid I remember Lucozade came in a big bottle wrapped in yellow cellophane and was expensive. I think it was seen more as  a tonic than a drink of pop and only ever given to those who, as Katy says, were at deaths door. The taste is unique but I quite like it.

• Like 1

I used to like 'lucozade' but have tried it recently and don't think it tastes like it used to, either my taste buds are waining or they have taken something out!!

and the top of the bottle used to get gummed up with glucose, the stuff today is all fizz

Rog

• Like 1

Nothing tastes the same as it did years ago. As a child in Lancashire I loved "Sass"  sassparilla  (sarsaparilla) you couldn't buy it here but now they don't even make it anymore.