• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks very much, Michael. I'm an ex-pat from Risley and my wife's from just outside the City (Nottingham). We moved to Dorset about thirty years ago then returned to Nottingham in 2009 to be closer t

Nice to make your acquaintance, Melissa . You might like to take a glance at my YouTube channel. A couple of Nottingham items there - and I'm a bit of a jazz buff. Most of these are recordings I'v

Posted Images

boom boom boom boom Esso Blue!!

IIRC the Esso Blue advert always used to appear in the advertising slot before the start of ATV's "Star Soccer" on Sunday afternoons. Just after "All our Yesterdays" and before the "Beer at Home Means Davenports".

Cheers :P

Bamber

Bum, bum, bum, bum Esso Blue,

How are you?

Very well thank you,

Dr Who!

bamber Posted on Feb 6 2005, 09:46 AM

IIRC the Esso Blue advert always used to appear in the advertising slot before the start of ATV's "Star Soccer" on Sunday afternoons. Just after "All our Yesterdays" and before the "Beer at Home Means Davenports".

B) Me thinks bamber that amount of information is unhealthy, me thinks you spent to much time indoors... :D it's safe now..

post-14-1107712081_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I can just imagine the health and safety mob these days if they saw where we used to get out gallon of Esso Blue from them days :o

There used to be a hardware shop corner of Pym Street and Turner Street that sold it. Stuff was stored in the actual shop and the proprietor lived over the shop....No, it wasn't opened all hours either :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

When I moved out to Derbyshire, some 20-odd years ago, our local hardware store in Codnor sold it from a tank in the basement. You brought your own can and it was reasonably cheap. Nowadays, you buy pre-packed stuff which costa an arm and a leg, or a bottle (!) of "lamp oil" which is the same stuff with a pretty scent!

I am a fully Qualified Fire Investigator, and cringe when I see what people

are buying in the supermarket. Precariosly balanced glass vases with wicks.

Fill em with lamp oil and stand them on your telly! Shock

Who the hell would want a molotov cocktail for a table lamp?

Another tip, Buy some Tea Lights and place one on yer telly.

It will burn down through the aluminium base, slowly burn and drop though

to the TV setting it onfire from the inside. disguising itself to the untrained eye as a capacitor, when found.

Wallah ! The TV gets the blame for the fire.

tease

When I moved out to Derbyshire, some 20-odd years ago, our local hardware store in Codnor sold it from a tank in the basement. You brought your own can and it was reasonably cheap. Nowadays, you buy pre-packed stuff which costa an arm and a leg, or a bottle (!) of "lamp oil" which is the same stuff with a pretty scent!

Hello Brian

Long time no see. What have you been up to?

Guest smithylass

Mick my hubby is a retained firfighter...

i wont tell you what he says everytime we go out the door...words to the affect of....

"you HAVE blown that candle out" lol well similar words to that anyway Shock

Does he fight fir or fire?? lol :lol: & I remember those damn candles they made my throat sore

fire-investigation-banner.gif

smithylass Posted on Jul 27 2005, 11:40 AM

Mick my hubby is a retained firfighter...

Vampire Our dog had one of those. oooooooooops my mistake, that was a retained testicle yahoo with or without the E who cares.. tease

Ey Up Barnze!

The User posted image has a broken link allready! :rolleyes:

And where our link on your Muzes Page.

Left Lion indeed! ;)