First hand pulled pint in 104 odd day on Sunday in Castle Rocks brewery tap The Vat & Fiddle, name & telephone numbers & drinks order taken on entry, table for 2  in the sun out the back in the reclaimed car park, now beer garden, felt quite tipsy on just one pint :crazy:    

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My sentiments exactly Phil. The only problem is that the general public are very short sighted and will all rush out like greyhounds out of the trap. It is through mass grouping that we got in the mes

I long admired and appreciated Martin's 'model' for his Weatherspoon's pubs. Somewhere to meet for a reasonably priced drink, without deafening music or other distractions.  Martin's political vi

The virus has curtailed our usual birthday celebrations Mum is a 103 today and we are normally in the north east for the racing, we have done this for nearly 20 years.  Her friends have made her day a

Older drinkers are at risk of being discriminated against for not having smartphones to order food and drinks at pubs and restaurants, a charity has warned 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-pub-and-restaurant-apps-risk-discriminating-against-older-people-without-smartphones-says-charity-12275009

I just walked down the drive to lock the gate. God it’s freezing. I’ve arranged to sit outside the pub tomorrow night with two old friends and drink cold beer. Fortunately I’ve just had the presence of mind to call the landlord and order fish and chips all round. That should help to keep us warm! I’ve just got to select my warm clothing now. I’m not sure I can eat chips with my gloves on. :hungr:

• Upvote 1

Enjoy your pint and chips with your friends Mr. Mayfield. Have a great evening and stay safe.

• 1 month later...

Get those door open, get them pipes cleaned, glasses polished, toilets flushed, nut on the bar :Shock:  

I'm not going inside a pub until there is official confirmation that my two vaccinations will work against the Indian variant. I've survived thus far; I'm not taking any chances yet. There's still the dreadful hugging epidemic to avoid as well!

My sentiments exactly Phil. The only problem is that the general public are very short sighted and will all rush out like greyhounds out of the trap. It is through mass grouping that we got in the mess we did. Yes, it might be a bit tough not being able to do what you want but not as tough as what has happened to over 120,000 people who are not here to do what they liked doing. We owe it to them to act responsibly and not take any chances.

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...

The Bath Inn is reopening after a refurbishment by the new owner a Mr Wheatcroft-Baker. As the son of a Time Lord he's  hoping to attract a new clientele amongst the Sneinton Daleks.

Hope there are no steps or stairs at the pub as the Daleks wont be able to get in and how do they drink a pint when they only have an egg whisk and a plunger for arms

• Like 1

Daleks can now levitate and even ‘fly’ did you know!

Back in the 80's a relative dealt in antiques and had a real BBC dalek, couldn't give it away. I think it fell to bits eventually.

4 hours ago, MargieH said:

Daleks can now levitate and even ‘fly’ did you know!

Not in my day, to get away from the Daleks all you had to do was go upstairs. The Cybermen however really scared the cr*p out of me!

11 hours ago, Brew said:

Back in the 80's a relative dealt in antiques and had a real BBC dalek, couldn't give it away. I think it fell to bits eventually.

Perhaps he was asking too much for it?  As they say, something is worth worth what somebody will pay for it.

Happy report over the weekend in Nottingham city centre, no checking in, no booking, walked to bar, no masks, ordered & paid for me pint in cash, carried it back to our table, like going back to March 2019, wonderful :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1