Ashes to ashes dust to dust..

Can someone enlighten me please to this practice in long Eaton and no doubt other city’s and towns up and down the country?

Personally this practise of stubbing out ones cigarette butt on top of a rubbish bin makes no sense to me after all where does those stubs eventually end up?

Bip.

111111a115.jpg

It's possibly a public protest at the lack of facilities provided to enable smokers to 'Keep Britain Tidy' For instance it wouldn't cost a fortune to put a stubbing plate on the side to ensure ciggies are out before placed in the bin. Where as that system in your pic means the passing 'Snoutcast' would have to hang around to ensure their fags are extinguished before they can be placed in the bin !!

I would imagine living in a caravan one would have to be very careful where one stubs ones fag end out!!

Bip.

Well I thought that the 'cancer gamblers' were being very considerate by stubbin' their dog ends out on the top of the bin.

After all, if they threw 'em into the bin the vagrants and 'down & outs' would have to go a rummagin'. At least this way, they can see what's on offer before they they pick 'em up.

But..................................if it rains, it'll make 'em harder to light. !laughing! smokingkills

Stan

The only thing that I could find was a Koala Bear?

Beef

Its not just the fags.

Its the beer prices and pubs not catering for peoples taste.

I visit local pubs for meals and we have to run the gauntlet of

a concentration of smokers at the entrance/exit.

If the smokers above cant be bother to put their dog ends

in the bin provided, then let them smoke elswhere. At home?

I may just being thick here....but Sam was in 'Life on Mars'....A chick took over the part in 'Ashes to Ashes'

I smoke and havent really been to a pub since the smoking ban.......it dunt seem right just sittin staring at other folk.

I heard there maybe a review called to re-look at the ban.

I heard there maybe a review called to re-look at the ban.

You'll be lucky on a reversal on the ban - it has spread all over the world! I haven't smoked in 4 years and even then, I don't think they should've banned it ... OR pubs should be given the option - then at least if you want a pint and a smoke you can go for one without other folks m oaning about it!!!!!

The thing I miss the most about the smoking ban in pubs more than anything else is pissing a nub-end from one end of the urinal to the other.

My thing was to destroy them, blast the filter from remains before I ran out! lol and have you noticed recently in men's bogs they've stop putting pineapple chunks in them? mind you they did taste awful

Perhaps its time to extend the Ban and

make it illegal to smoke in any public area.

Why?...then all you holier than thou non smokers would have nobody to moan about.

Why not ban drinking to excess in public places...or eating heart disease inducing crap foods in public places...In fact lets ban everything and all sit at home.

If they banned smoking completely imagine how much extra you woud have to pay for petrol/ beer???

Having lost a number of good friends to smoking related deseases.

I choose not to be in the company of smokers.

Sadly some do not have considerations fo those who choose not to smoke.

They make themselves the victim, pleading discrimination.

I dont see why I should pay the national health service for self inflicted deseases.

As in the case of more risk in Motor insurance those who increase their health risk by smoking,

should contribute accordingly.