I've Seen It all Now

SimpsonsAfrican.jpg

No, there's nothing wrong with your eyes. These are the Simpsons - just a little less yellow than usual.

For the first time in more than two decades, Homer and his family have been given a make-over.

At the behest of advertisers, the family have been turned into Angolans ahead of the shows first airing in the African continent.

Angolan advertising agency Executive Center have taken an original animated promotional shot of Bart, Homer, Maggie Lisa and Marge sitting together on a couch and altered it to show them as Africans.

Their yellow skin has been replaced with a much darker brown skin while Marge's blue hair has been switched for a jet black afro hairdo. Lisa's hair is now braided and the entire family are shown wearing Angolan-inspired clothing and flip flops.

The family cat has completely disappeared from the new shot. Also missing are a lamp, table and telephone which have been replaced by huge stereo speakers.

And the picture on the wall of a yacht on the ocean is now a picture of Serengeti elephant scene.

Underneath the family are the words: 'The Simpsons now in Angola.'

I wonder if they get the humour that goes with it, or has that been manipulated as well.

I look forward to Marge, Lisa and Maggie wearing dustbin sacks, Santas Little Helper having the cr@p kicked out of him and Homer and Bart constructing roadside bombs in another, unmentionable, scenario.

Surprised Homer has stayed around long enough to watch some telly, I thought he would have been to the surrounding villages to all his other women, as for santa's little helper, he could be on tomorrows menu, Bart should be out mugging and Lisa on the game while poor little Maggie would be palmed off to her grandparents until the $hitty nappies have stopped and she's old enough to work in the fields. Marge will no doubt be cleaning up after all of them and sporting a black eye and a couple of broken ribs for not having dinner ready on time

Rog

Delete this if you don't think it's PC

Delete this if you don't think it's PC

I can't see the mods falling over themselves to do that Rog, on the other hand, perhaps the mention of Aids..................................

• 7 years later...

Interesting photo. I note the second toe is longer than the big toe itself. The Romans considered this an indication that the person was of aristocratic lineage.

I assume this photo wasn't taken in Bulwell?  ;)

• Upvote 1